Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory Duplantis
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I might have missed something, but is there any reason to own 2 copies of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lam
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/853628/any-real-reason-to-ge...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cajuninms wrote:
Hey guys,

I might have missed something, but is there any reason to own 2 copies of the game?

You missed about 10 different threads on the subject, so this is a topic that riles most forum regular, but in short:

Many of the cards come in x2 distribution. Having that last card might make you smile. 11 cards come in a x1 distribution, and a few of those are non-uniques, so having two could be useful.

However, none of the cards I've seen are must haves in that distribution. It all depends on the context and your play style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corporate Troubleshooter is pretty swanky. I think I'd normally want two of him, but I could see wanting three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Double Plus Undead
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would only buy additional sets if I were going for tournament play. As far as I can tell, it's not justified for casual. YMMV.

I recommend buying one and playing with it for a bit before deciding on whether to buy a second. (Bear in mind that expansions will be out in a month or two, so that will increase deck-building options, also.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exceptio probat regulam
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
You missed about 10 different threads on the subject, so this is a topic that riles most forum regular ... [...]
The regulars are easily annoyed because they'd rather not provide an honest answer to this entirely reasonable question.

OP: the simple answer your question: yes - there are reasons to buy more than one copy.

* One copy is enough to play the game
* A second copy (worth considering after you've played enough times to learn the game properly) will increase your deck-building options
* It's not clear yet if a third copy would be useful even for a tournament player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gyc365 wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:
You missed about 10 different threads on the subject, so this is a topic that riles most forum regular ... [...]
The regulars are easily annoyed because they'd rather not provide an honest answer to this entirely reasonable question.

Keep telling yourself that. Anarchosyn in particular has said almost exactly the same thing you just did, multiple times. Hell, I even agree with your conclusions about multiple cores.

There's nothing dishonest about that. Intimating that the "regulars" are all dishonest except for you definitely says something about your character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exceptio probat regulam
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I react when someone implies that this question isn't appropriate.

It was a close call this time, because I think the line I quoted wasn't intended that way, but I'm interested in the potential effect, not the intent. This question should not be dealt with by suggesting or implying it should not be asked at all.

It's easy to make me lose interest in this: make sure there's a concise, accurate, and polite answer to the question (or a useful link) early in the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the need to reference prior threads, it might be helpful if a thread could be sticky'ed.
A game like this runs up a lot of new topics fast and searching through 50 pages of them to see if something has been discussed before can be daunting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't want to start another thread on this, but I have a philosophical related question.

I want to keep a base core set of all the decks. But I also want to deck build.

I'm considering getting a second core set for deck building purposes and leaving one core set as is.

Does this make any sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the frequency of the cards in the core are on the cards, so its always easy to rebuild the "base collation" decks if thats what you want to do. I think getting a 2nd set opens up a lot of deck building options, but i wouldnt keep a set devoted to just base collation play myself, and youll need some cards from both sets 1 and 2 to deck build optimally (youll want 3 of several 2 ofs, and 2 of several 1 ofs). just rebuild base decks based on the tick marks on the cards if thats what you want to play. your mileage may vary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.