Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was watching the online store but never saw it come up for sale. Does anyone have an extra copy they'd be willing to part with? Or even just let me borrow the booklet to scan/make available?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
What was in it relevant to Descent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the past 3 years, FFG has been hosting the Realms of Terrinoth, a weekend event that highlights the games in Terrinoth (Runebound, Descent, Runewars, DungeonQuest, RuneAge). The announcement for the 2012 event was at http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3375.

Each event usually offers a booklet with goodies for the different games. The 2010 event had 3 new Descent quests, same with the 2011 even (here's a couple screenshots of the booklets).

I'm only assuming there was A) a booklet and B) something in it relevant to Descent. I was lucky and got my hands on those booklets and made PDFs of them, but I haven't found the 2012 booklet yet. If I could get a copy, I'd make a PDF for all to enjoy

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I don't understand why FFG don't make these scans available on the website 6 months after the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
I don't understand why FFG don't make these scans available on the website 6 months after the event.

Me neither. My scan of the 2010 booklet is crappy (it's off of a color photocopy a friend mailed me). The 2011 isn't so bad, but I'd still rather have a copy of the original PDFs. Why make this so super secret after the event is long done?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
shnar wrote:
Why make this so super secret after the event is long done?

Same reason they won't just release retail versions of the promo heroes - they use this "bonus" content to entice people to participate in special events. If everyone knew the booklet would show up as a PDF on their website 6 months later, its value as an incentive to attend Realms is gone.

Not that I would complain in the least if FFG did decide to post the booklet online, mind you. That would be awesome, but sadly I don't expect it will happen.

If I come across a copy somewhere, I'll be sure to let you know, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But... they did release retail versions of the promo figures, at least on their online store. I should know, it's how I got them

lesigh, for now, we just have my crappy scans. At least we have the actual content now.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I agree FFG uses those as incentive, I highly doubt too many people decide whether to go or not to the convention, based on the contents of swag...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.