Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an ally or Hero's cards has an ACTION, and there is no indication of limitation (like once per round, or exhaust a character, or those on the FAQ's errata), are the ACTION then unlimited?

for e.g wandering took...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the case of

Action: Do X to do Y.

as long as you can pay the cost "X" and as long as the card itself does not limit the number of times it may be used, you can trigger the action as many times as you want.

You can pass Wandering Took around the table as many times per round as you wish, as long as there are at least 2 players remaining in the game. The rules question here, which I don't think has ever had an official answer, would revolve around if you are allowed to have a negative threat or not. If not, then your threat would have to be 3 or higher to trigger Took.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I haven't played but was just now reading the rules: "Actions without a specified phase can be triggered during any action window
throughout the round." As it doesn't say Actions can only be played one time in a round my guess is they are unlimited...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check the FAQ for some of those cards though. For instance, 'Protector of Lorien' says 'Action' to discard a card to increase Willpower or Defense by one, and in the FAQ that was modified to be limited to three times per round. I don't know if that now applies to all 'Action' cards or just the ones the FAQ specifies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RMGreen wrote:
I don't know if that now applies to all 'Action' cards or just the ones the FAQ specifies.

Just the ones specified. AFAIK, the only cards so limited are Protector of Lorien and Beravor. (although that's easily checked.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless stated otherwise on the card, an action can be performed as many times as the requirements can be met (see 1.10 on p. 4 of the new FAQ; see link below). In addition, the new FAQ does specifically limit the number of times that "Beravor" and "Protector of Lorien" can be used each round (p. 2 of the FAQ). It's kind of funny though that they still use "Protector of Lorien" as an example in 1.10 of the new FAQ; you'd think they would have chosen a different card as an example seeing that they've limited "Protector of Lorien" now.

[geekurl=http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/lotr-lcg/support/LOTR_FAQ_1.3.pdf]LotR FAQ v1.3[/geekurl]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.