Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As i see there are 6 mice heroes in the game.

Are they used depending on the scenario, or there can be some minor adjacements to play with 5 and 6 player variant altering the difficulty
and keeping it balanced?

thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In most chapters the heroes use 4 mice. They often get to pick which 4, but some times they are forced to pick a certain mouse. Also in the first chapter or two Lilly is not available.

There are two chapters where you use all 6 mice, so if you have 5 or 6 for a one shot you can just use one of those two chapters.

Jerry has said that he will put out optional rules that tell you how to balance the chapters with extra mice. But this won't be included in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Kristensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My quick house rule would look something like:

- Move the The End marker one page down for each additional Mouse over the normal allowed (so with five players in chapter 1, the The End would be at page 5, not page 6).
- Add 1 of each small minion to each tile.

But I'm looking forward to seeing the official optional rule when it comes out :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Were the additional rules for having extra mice released? Our group has a fifth person interested in joining our next game, so we're looking for official ways to add mice, or house rules that have already been tested a little for balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amran wrote:
Were the additional rules for having extra mice released? Our group has a fifth person interested in joining our next game, so we're looking for official ways to add mice, or house rules that have already been tested a little for balance.
The easiest way to add mouse is to use the difficult encounter cards. Alternatively, you could just add a minion to each encounter.

If the encounter card says 4 rat warriors, you could do 5 rat warriors. If it says 5 roaches, you could use 7 roaches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good way to add a 5th NEW player is to first have one of the more experienced players volunteer to be the "5th person" - someone who's willing to sacrifice their gameplay for the benefit of providing a fun experience for the new person.

The job of the volunteer "5th person" is simply to conduct all minion movement, roll all minion dice, manage everything on the Story Control Board, manage the flow of the cheese, hearts, etc, and essentially be the rules keeper. This method of employing a 5th person can be fun, as now all the mouse heros actually have another person representing the minions, which is always more fun to play against rather than against a set of rules.

This is how I played our first game with the grand kids and a couple family members... even though I had never played before myself, I studied-up on the rules, played a practice solo game and watched the how its played videos. So I felt prepared to be the "5th person" and had a blast watching the other four family members have fun playing the mice while I ran everything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.