Recommend
48 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Mage Knight: The Lost Legion announced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Engel

Illinois
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The first expansion for Mage Knight: Board Game! Yay!

http://www.gamesalute.com/?p=33291

Somehow, there's even a BGG page for it already... someone's been working behind the scenes!

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/130704/mage-knig...
32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
leshrac55 wrote:
The first expansion for Mage Knight: Board Game! Yay!

http://www.gamesalute.com/?p=33291

Somehow, there's even a BGG page for it already... someone's been working behind the scenes!

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/130704/mage-knig...


Wooot!

Color me excited. Looks like we'll get a boss to beat after all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Omens set:
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boscrossos wrote:
Looks like we'll get a boss to beat after all.


Or in the case of my early playtests of the new scenarios....

Get completely and utterly smashed to bits by the new boss.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree. You need to be an advanced player in order to be victorious in this scenario.
But it's just a scenario.

We have quite a few new units and enemies with new abilities!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor K
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Been looking forward to this for a while now.

Any suggestions/ideas for the best place to pre-order the game to make sure we get in on the first printing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Renaud
Canada
Mission
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...and a rulebook expansion that features new game scenarios and rules to support play for 5 players.


Will it support more than three player co-op, or this exclusively for competitive modes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rathje wrote:
Quote:
...and a rulebook expansion that features new game scenarios and rules to support play for 5 players.


Will it support more than three player co-op, or this exclusively for competitive modes?


I don't see any reason why you shouldn' be able to play coop with 4 players. The only eason it is limited to 3 i that you need the dummy-player. And the expanion contains additional coop-scenarios afaik o they defintively want to improve the coop-play.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
Wonder what the chances are that it'll be out early at Essen? I mean, I'm sure there'll be a demo copy there, but if I'm going to the show I wants me my precious!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jsciv wrote:
Wonder what the chances are that it'll be out early at Essen? I mean, I'm sure there'll be a demo copy there, but if I'm going to the show I wants me my precious!


If you check the expansion forum you will see that it will not be for sale at essen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluxx wrote:
Rathje wrote:
Quote:
...and a rulebook expansion that features new game scenarios and rules to support play for 5 players.


Will it support more than three player co-op, or this exclusively for competitive modes?


I don't see any reason why you shouldn' be able to play coop with 4 players. The only eason it is limited to 3 i that you need the dummy-player. And the expanion contains additional coop-scenarios afaik o they defintively want to improve the coop-play.


You can simulate the dummy player with a deck of cards, and play with the maximum number of players even in coop mode. Each color card would be associated with a single suit in a regular card deck. The dummy player wouldn't contribute any skills to the discarded skills pile, but that shoudn't make a huge difference.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Change the goal of the scenario in the middle of the game?
That's rather not a good idea.
It's better to play a second time with a different scenario
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
If you check the expansion forum you will see that it will not be for sale at essen.


soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Palíndromo
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This has got me thinking of new storage solutions and tuckboxes.
I'm stoked. Can't wait!

I hope it includes a new or several solo scenarios.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I should really play my copy of the base game soon, then. cry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siobhan Beeman
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mjacobsca wrote:
You can simulate the dummy player with a deck of cards, and play with the maximum number of players even in coop mode.

Or, if you have an iDevice, there's an app for that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurgen Koller
Australia
Cherrybrook
NSW
flag msg tools
Great Underground Empire
badge
Explorer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we're getting new advanced action, spell and artifact cards, we most likely will have to sleeve the lot. Why? When I received replacement cards from Wizkids as some of my cards were damaged, the card backs had a noticeably different colouring. In the end I did not use the replacement cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rustylantern wrote:
Since we're getting new advanced action, spell and artifact cards, we most likely will have to sleeve the lot. Why? When I received replacement cards from Wizkids as some of my cards were damaged, the card backs had a noticeably different colouring. In the end I did not use the replacement cards.


I actually think for this game sleeving is MANDATORY given the cardstock.

You can slip the old card with the original back with the replacement card into the same sleeve.

OR if you believe you might be able to identify this card because of the extra thickness then perhaps you can scan one of the faces of the cards, print it out, trim it and insert THAT with an OLD card back into a sleeve - the printout should not add that much extra thickness. I did this as to correct cards from the first printing.

OR you could get sleeves with ART backing for all your sleeves that way all of them are indistinguishable. These sleeves tend to be more costly though.

You have several options.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.