Subject: Changing opinion cards in states rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Hogetoorn
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmb
Next year Die Macher will be present on my boardgame championship. Therefore I like some clarifying regarding the second edition of the rules (we will not play the Valley Games edition).

- Is it correct that there are 2 moments in the game that players are able to change opinion cards in a state? Once during the Media phase (in all 4 states) and once during the Converting meeting markers into votes phase (only the 3 provinces that are not the current election state)?

Is there anyone who organized a Die Macher tournament yet? I would like to have some feedback regarding the use of certain rules. I now tend to the second edition plus all official FAQ and errata, which includes: moving early national opinions to the left when changing opinions, no starting meeting markers in states 5-7, from the second round a player can exchange up to 2 opinion cards (or 3 when he didn't change anything in the previous round) from his hand with the deck and afterwards he fills his hand to 3 cards, no limit to the amount of cards in the exchange pool.

Thanks in advance for your answer on my first question and for any feedback.

Daniël.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the first question, that is correct iirc. If you have media control in the media phase. And if you have the majority (more than everyone else added together) of votes after convert meeting markers.

As far as your other rules, I usually play Valley Games editions and rules. We do play replacement on the national board would cause existing opinions to shift to the left thus making early opinions worth more points which can be harder to match at game end.

We also play 6 opinions only in the exchange board. I think it makes the game less chaotic. For this reason I also don't like the idea of allowing players to swap out two platform cards per round, although I've never played that way.

Also, take all my opinions with a grain of salt.. I've only played this game about 5 times... it is a bit difficult to get to the table. I am in one PBEM game that stalled out after about round 2.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.