Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Preorders for Essen 2012 are now closed! Thanks, all!

Note: The preorder cap for Trains has been reached, and thus no more copies for preordering are available. Sorry guys, but there were only so many copies. We do have some handful left for unplanned purchases.

This year, Japon Brand changes its preordering system to only include pre-buys. Shortly put, of several reasons: One is that most want to pick up their games during Wednesday and the fair vehemently prohibits the exchange of money before Thursday. Another is that last year we had problems with people preordering but not picking up their copies, and we had to set a latest time to pick preordered copies up, and some mentioned they couldn't come until sunday anyway and, well… it was pretty messy. We figured that if people pay beforehand, they are more likely to turn up getting their games, and also, we can start on Wednesday, which will, believe it or not, save us and you a lot of trouble.

How to preorder
Send me a GM and I'll reply with Japon's PayPal account which you pay to (Tak doesn't want it posted on a public forum) according to the list below. Print out the PayPal receipt (or bring it on your laptop/pad) as your purchase identification. Once payment is received, we'll also get back to you with an order number which will simplify the process when you pick up the games.

[size=12]Preorders will end a week before the fair! Also, especially Trains might hit the preorder roof before that, so be sure to complete your preorder as soon as you can. It's first to the mill.

Can you send me the games instead? I can't come to Essen!
Ehm… well, it's not entirely impossible. However, we do not want to gnaw on the copies we bring to the fair (especially not Trains), so we're shipping from Japan. Honestly, for people outside Europe, that doesn't change the postage fee much, but it's nonetheless ghastly expensive. Generally, for, say, Trains, you're looking at €20+ for postage. It's steep, I know, but it's the best we can offer. PM me what the games the order is about, and I'll heft up some approx postage and the PayPal address, and if that's OK with you, pay in advance and the games will be sent to you. We'll try to ship a week or so before the fair… I hope. And please don't be angry if I overshoot the postage estimate with a couple of euros.

Japon Brand games Essen 2012
(sorry, some of the entries are pretty new and empty. I'll fill up with images as soon as I can).

Chicago (Gin-ichiro Suzuki, Prohibition theme area control/money management board game, 4 players) €42

Trains (Hisashi Hayashi, Train themed deck builder) Not available any more for preorder, precious few copies left at the fair. €52

Trick of the Rails (Hisashi Hayashi, Train themed trick taking card game, 3–4 players) €13

Card of the Dead (Motohiro Nakamura, Zombie themed simple card game, 2–5 players) €10

Motto Tanto Cuore (Masayuki Kudo, Anime maid themed role selection card game with deck building, 2–4 players) €42

Cirque du Monstre (Ryo Kawakami, Fantasy monster-circus themed deck building card game, 3–5 players) €32

Jushimatsu (Madoka Kitao, Abstract "advanced tic-tac-toe", 2 players) €10

Pincers (Madoka Kitao, Abstract "pincing pawn game", 2 players) €10

Ninja Chess (Yoshihisa Itsubaki, Ninja-themed fast Chess, 2 players) €13

Simple Shogi (Yoshihisa Itsubaki, fast Shogi on a small board, 2 players) €13

Even Steven (Yoshihisa Itsubaki, Agree-or-not-agree-statements party game, 3–10 players) Normal edition €13, bundled with the Adam and Even "slightly more adult" questions €15

BraveRats (Seiji Kanai, Fast simultaneous special power card selection game, 2 players) €4

Love Letter (Seiji Kanai, Fast and tricky card game, 2–4 players) Buy it at the AEG booth, guys!

As noted above, Kanai's latest creation Love Letter is this year NOT available at our booth – but AEG's booth isn't far away. Be sure to check out their Tempest line and their new whacky (and promising) fighting game Smash-up. About Love Letter with the original Sugiura art – frankly, I don't know how things will be at Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Althuizen
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Simon,

I'm interested in the two Nekomado games (10 Stars and Pincers). I've also seen that Madoka will have her own booth at Spiel 2012 again (4-123). I guess there's really no need for me to preorder, right? I should be able to just buy her games (and her follow up Dobutsu Shogi book (Oute and Tusmi)) directly at her booth, shouldn't I?

That way I can also get them signed right away...

Or should I preorder for any particular reason?

Thanks,
Martijn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Martinus wrote:
Hi Simon,

I'm interested in the two Nekomado games (10 Stars and Pincers). I've also seen that Madoka will have her own booth at Spiel 2012 again (4-123). I guess there's really no need for me to preorder, right? I should be able to just buy her games (and her follow up Dobutsu Shogi book (Oute and Tusmi)) directly at her booth, shouldn't I?

Thanks,
Martijn

Japon Brand is merely doing the preorders for her, so she won't have to bother. While her games are amazing, I don't think you'll have to worry about any being sold out, because she usually brings lots of copies. So no, there is no particular reason to preorder. As long as you don't come late Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Althuizen
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I will make sure to turn up early enough!..

Madoka and her games are amazing indeed. I'm a big fan!

Zimeon wrote:
Martinus wrote:
Hi Simon,

Thanks,
Martijn

Japon Brand is merely doing the preorders for her, so she won't have to bother. While her games are amazing, I don't think you'll have to worry about any being sold out, because she usually brings lots of copies. So no, there is no particular reason to preorder. As long as you don't come late Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.