Ryan Goodwin
United States
Grayslake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are there rules to used the tactical games to simulate the battles for Rohan and Gondor that evolve from the larger WotR game?

Just wondering....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the Gondor and Rohan games are separate games. Both derived directly from Tolkien's story and not from the "main War of the Ring" game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any chance of houseruling the two games together? Tough, but is it possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you thinking of linking the main game with the operational level games or linking the Rohan and Gondor scenarios?

If it is the first I think it will be extremely difficult.

If you are thinking about linking the Rohan and Gondor scenarios together I have a House Rule for that, which I will release at my site (http://home.rixtele.com/~charmtroll/wotr/expansion/) when Battles of the Third Age is released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused. I thought this was an expansion for War of the Ring, but are you saying there are a pair of tactical games included which don't connect to the main game at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! There are three parts in the expansion:

1 Expansion ot the main game

2 Battle for Rohan

3 Battle for Gondor

Check out my preview site for more info:

http://home.rixtele.com/~charmtroll/wotr/expansion/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Because Ameritrash drips with theme...
badge
Yep, that's my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Veldrin wrote:
If you are thinking about linking the Rohan and Gondor scenarios together I have a House Rule for that, which I will release at my site (http://home.rixtele.com/~charmtroll/wotr/expansion/) when Battles of the Third Age is released.

Nice to hear that, Kristofer. Combining two fast games (or at least faster than the original WotR) should be a lot easier, plus I think I would really enjoy to have an advantage on the Pelennor if I fought well at Helm's Deep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would kinda suck if you lost Helm's Deep though. I guess Saruman wouldn't send his troops to Gondor, so you just lose the Rohirrim. Oh and Aragorn! Whoops...

Oh, and Gandalf and Pippin wouldn't make it to Minas Tirith (Assuming you lost really badly, I suppose Gandalf might flee the battle, but anyway). So Denethor would have been in charge. Well if you can win the battle in those conditions you deserve praise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Because Ameritrash drips with theme...
badge
Yep, that's my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Kristofer's house rules will be that harsh. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
Veldrin wrote:
Yes! There are three parts in the expansion:

1 Expansion ot the main game

2 Battle for Rohan

3 Battle for Gondor

Check out my preview site for more info:

http://home.rixtele.com/~charmtroll/wotr/expansion/

I would like to stress the bold points. I was one of the playtesters and assumed going in that the two added games would be "The Battle for Helm's Deep" and "The Siege of Minas Tirith." They are not. These are operational scale games that include Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith as part of a larger canvas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.