Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As promised in the kickstarter strecth goal, they just released the 6 mission campaign: Switch City!

http://guillotinegames.com/en/gamestuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love the idea of a map itself subdivided into game's areas. Did not think of it...
The fact that it is always the same objectives might be kinda "boring", might not.

One thing that bothers me: I had a nice scenario in progress, with a spawn token in an open building, and founded that cool that it was not officially set. Now it's all in the open.
They are too strong at GG's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, the progressive multi-path missions seem like a very cool concept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark keedwell
United Kingdom
weston super mare
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you nead a lot tiles and space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the intention is that you setup all the missions at once (though that would be cool if possible).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome. I just want to make sure I'm reading it right though...It's technically 6 missions but during the "campaign" you'd still play just 3 missions based on the directions you exit from. That's actually a cool idea. With the unpredictability of the game, you'll never know exactly which way you'll end up going to the final mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks awesome!

Anyone else notice the new zombie art on page 5? Looks like a survivor-turned-zombie ("zombivor"). It doesn't look like it's based on a survivor from the base game (e.g. Phil isn't wearing a tie and Doug isn't wearing a jacket). Could it be a spoiler for the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattamd wrote:
This is awesome. I just want to make sure I'm reading it right though...It's technically 6 missions but during the "campaign" you'd still play just 3 missions based on the directions you exit from. That's actually a cool idea. With the unpredictability of the game, you'll never know exactly which way you'll end up going to the final mission.

You could play as few as 3 missions, but you could also play 5 if you go via Skyscraper/Ye who enter here...

Never mind. I just realized that there are no arrows into Skyscraper/Switch, and that those are starting missions only. So yes, 3 missions with two possible paths from each of two different starting points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex de Burgh
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks awesome! I hope they bring out more multi path campaigns in the future. Maybe a book of campaigns etc in an expansion?

Can't wait to play this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
mattamd wrote:

You could play as few as 3 missions, but you could also play 5 if you go via Skyscraper/Ye who enter here...

Never mind. I just realized that there are no arrows into Skyscraper/Switch, and that those are starting missions only. So yes, 3 missions with two possible paths from each of two different starting points.

Giving 4 possible 3-mission paths through the campaign as a whole.

Looks really good, and hard.

Wish I had the space to set out all 18 tiles...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vale
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I was reading through the campaign and I'm a little confused about the skyscraper mission, so I thought that I'd see what the forum has to say (or if you've heard anything).

I notice that this is a find other survivors mission (up to 3). Do we suppose the implication is that if you are playing with six people you'll have nine survivors running around by the end of it? Or is do you think this one is designed to be played by three players max much like Mike Makes Right from the main rule book?

In addition, I noticed that there is a blue spawn zone but nothing indicated when it would activate. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think you can end up with 9 Survivors, remember that this campaign is meant for the people who pledged at the Abomination level.

And I think they used the blue spawn zone just because they ran out of red ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, the bottom 4 tiles of "Fast Food" are functionally identical to the scenario I came up with and posted in the "variants" forum. They even say in the scenario Story that Wanda is trying to get them to the burger joint!

Glad I submitted my scenario to the Guillotine competition before this campaign was released!

Looks like a tough but fun set of missions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that "new" zombie on page 5.... if you look at it right, the gun is a "dead" giveaway....

it's Dirty Harry!

HOODY HOO!

Could this be a hint at a new survivor in the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Walko
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
It can't rain all the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
So is the subway a typo, having 5 red spawn areas, or are the two missions with a blue spawn token missing instructions?

I could see fast food missing text, since it has a blue objective on it, but skyscraper doesn't.

And "ye who enters" has 6 red spawn tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Humm, true. They even have 6 red spawn tokens in "Ye who enter here..."

And Dirty Harry? No, must be Stinky Pete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
And Dirty Harry? No, must be Stinky Pete.

Or Grubby Larry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vale
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Loophole Master wrote:
Yeah, I think you can end up with 9 Survivors, remember that this campaign is meant for the people who pledged at the Abomination level.

And I think they used the blue spawn zone just because they ran out of red ones?

Do you suppose that all nine would carry over into the other scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambisinister wrote:
Do you suppose that all nine would carry over into the other scenarios?

No, don't think so.

I think they might know that it's terribly unkiley that more than 6 characters will survive the mission anyway...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice scenario!

I would assume that Blue Zombie Spawns only activate after the Blue Objective has been taken.

My first inclination was to let people bring over extra survivors from the Skyscraper, but then I remembered that dead survivors revive for the next mission, and automatically starting subsequent missions with 9 survivors would be pretty ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to have an official campaign system. Now we can all design whole campaigns and ruleswise be on the same page.

And things will really open up when they release the mall expansion. All we need is an open road/ isolated building tile set and we can have a whole Walking Dead campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serial MoM
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a quick look i am really excited to play this campaign. But it is defintiv a campaign for experienced players who think that the scenarios in the rule book are too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
Nice scenario!

I would assume that Blue Zombie Spawns only activate after the Blue Objective has been taken.

This is what I assumed, since that's what happens with blue spawn zones in the rule book missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just getting into this game, and do not have the kickstarter edition. Is it possible to play this with just my standard base set? Or do I need to buy extra figures, tiles, etc. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The basic box is the best place to start
With all the fan content you will be occupied for months

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.