Subject: some rule questions after 1st game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Guerra
United States
Eagle pass
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey guys i have a few quick questions that would appreciate any input on them.

-if you take an enemys settlement/city/stronghold you put your control marker on it...

1.-do you have to leave a unit there or can you empty it and still have control over it? (making it impossible for the enemy to recruit there?)

2.-Are enemy recruitment strategy cards negated by the enemy control of the region, even if there are no troops in it?

3.- do you only take control of settlements, cities etc... what about empty regions inside a nation? for example theres an empty region between angmar and Mt. Gungabad. i seem to recall a SP card that allowed recruiting troops there, is there a way the FP player can negate that recruitment?

4.- There are several cards that say, 'if an army is in the same region as the fellowship', what does this mean exactly? for example in my last game the SP in the north attacked Rivendell, the fellowship had moved 3 times but had still not declared so the mini was still in rivendell (last known location), would these cards meet the requirement since the mini is still there even though they really are 3 regions away but still undeclared & hidden?

thanks a lot for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Waramir wrote:
Hey guys i have a few quick questions that would appreciate any input on them.

-if you take an enemys settlement/city/stronghold you put your control marker on it...

1.-do you have to leave a unit there or can you empty it and still have control over it? (making it impossible for the enemy to recruit there?)

You still keep control after you leave, and don't need to leave a unit there. That's why there's a need for the control markers.

But note that if you don't leave a unit there, your opponent can regain control simply by moving in with an ordinary army move, with no need to attack.

Quote:
2.-Are enemy recruitment strategy cards negated by the enemy control of the region, even if there are no troops in it?

Pretty sure the answer is yes.
Quote:
3.- do you only take control of settlements, cities etc... what about empty regions inside a nation? for example theres an empty region between angmar and Mt. Gungabad. i seem to recall a SP card that allowed recruiting troops there, is there a way the FP player can negate that recruitment?

Nope; a region that doesn't contain troops, and isn't a town, city, or stronghold, is not controlled by anyone, regardless of prior history, and if a card lets you recruit there, you can recruit there.
Quote:
4.- There are several cards that say, 'if an army is in the same region as the fellowship', what does this mean exactly? for example in my last game the SP in the north attacked Rivendell, the fellowship had moved 3 times but had still not declared so the mini was still in rivendell (last known location), would these cards meet the requirement since the mini is still there even though they really are 3 regions away but still undeclared & hidden?

The card really should say "If an army is in the same region as the marker indicating the Last Known Postion of the Fellowship".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guerra
United States
Eagle pass
Texas
flag msg tools
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andylatto wrote:

Quote:

Nope; a region that doesn't contain troops, and isn't a town, city, or stronghold, is not controlled by anyone, regardless of prior history, and if a card lets you recruit there, you can recruit there.
You can recruit there only if there are no enemy units present. Thus you can negate that recruit card by leaving a army there. If the FP is on the war path, it makes good sense to leave a unit in Mt. Gram for that reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.