Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike oldham
United States
lake station
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey all been playing doom for a few weeks now and really don't have many people to play so upon looking for a solo variant I found this http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/51220/doom-solitaire-and-f...
and really liked it but instead of taking the full round yourself why not let he dice talk for the Invader? So I was playing around this morning with a few ideas and came up with this...
1 Red die and 1 Yellow die the range on the dice are how many space/squares the invaders may move. Invader does not have to move that many spaces if it does not benefit the invader.
Wound makers represent how many invaders that may attack in the round. This also effects invader cards also lets say you draw a JAMMED! card this card only works if a marine is attacking a invader that attacked that round.
Separate dice represent the group as a whole so if you rolled a X/missed sign on one die then you only move half the invaders and attack from the moving invaders.(EX) Lets say invaders turn their 6 invaders on map you roll the dice and the results are red die= 2 range 2 wounds and the yellow= X; this means only 3 invaders may move 2 spaces each and only 2 of those invaders that moved may attack (if able).
In all cases the invader does 1 thing and thats move and attack closest marine and invaders can aim through other invaders only. I feel this would balance things out a lil better but not sure.
Haven't officially tested this yet just some ideas, you tell me what you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.