Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: First Zombie Spawn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean FAU
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Excuse me if this question has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find anything on the forums, or see an exclusive answer in the rulebook (unless I just can't find it.)

Do you do the first Zombie Spawn prior to the Survivor's turn and the start of the game, or do you spawn after the first player's turn? This means that the zombies won't have a movement turn until after the second players turn (according to their phases.)

Our first play through we played it as explained above, but to me it makes more sense that zombies would spawn at the start of the game, so the zombies would go through all three phases on the first turn.

Any insight would be good, as we're kinda split on this rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 9: "Once the players have activated all their Survivors, the Zombies play."

I think that makes it pretty clear that the Survivors get a full turn before the first zombies get spawned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean FAU
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hrm. My understanding was just that the players get a full turn before the zombies move. But I can see how that would be interpreted. Like I said, half read it one way, half read it the other way.

And I have seen custom scenarios that have pre-placed zombies, so that would make it seem like you are right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that the 1st Zombies' turn only happens after the 1st Players' turn.

Look at the recently released Switch City campaign mission "Fast Food". The game starts with several zones already containing 5 Walkers. If you play the zombies first, a very unlucky draw of zombie cards could have the players beginning their first turn with 5 Walkers sharing their starting Zone, and 10 more in the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gort
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was at GenCon I was at their booth and they didn't spawn any zombies until we 1. opened a door or 2. All heroes completed their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.