Subject: Scenario: Please Help Save My Baby! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Jacobsen
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Edit: I completely revamped the map and hope it isn't too hard. I did leave the original scenario in my gallery if someone was still interested in running it, but until I have the ability to play test the scenarios, there are still too many uncertainties when Zombies have the ability to open doors (like when to spawn zombies in Zones).

I hope some group plays 'hot potato' with the baby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Warner
United States
Hanover Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
10 seems like too high of a number to me. I would think 5 or 6 should probably be the limit on a door. Trying to kill a wave of 10 zombies could be very difficult, plus it would put 30+ zombies on the board leaving far fewer in the tray. This is even more trouble when you consider that you have to break into the large surrounding building and immediately spawn every single room.

I played a scenario like this last night, and I see the shortest route calculation on this map as a nightmare. Especially since the path can be through the courtyard in the middle.

Is the blue objective the noisiest area on the board before the survivors get there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jacobsen
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the feedback. I think I will adjust it down to 5 then.
The shortest route is somewhat harder I suppose, but zombies will usually go to the closest closed door since that is how they are made to path if there is no open door (I think). The blue objective makes no noise until it is picked up. I think I should add a rule that you can't Molotov the blue objective token or the Survivor with the blue objective token or you lose the game surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Warner
United States
Hanover Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the custom scenario I played last night:Played with the new scenario editor, not bad...

One of the things they did was they limited the size of the large building by putting doors at the edge of every other tile. This would likely actually make this scenario harder as it wouldn't spawn the entire building in the blue range, but it would limit your shortest route issues.

It almost seems like you want an abomination to spawn in this scenario to bust open some of these doors and give you a shortcut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Warner
United States
Hanover Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, which room is the bottom left door to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This scenario reminds of one of the funniest things I've even seen in a movie...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think 10 sounds like a reasonable number for zombies bashing down doors, 5 just seems too few. Its not as if they are superhumanly strong and bashing it down with sledges or axes like the heroes they are just putting their weight on it. Some of these exterior doors might be metal encased in metal frames as well. As a workaround you could also start with doors that are already open/broken down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How many have played this yet? How was it? did it work? How hard was it?
I started making a scenario list to sort out which scenarioes that works and which does'nt work. I would very much like a small review by replies in here or by PM from all who tried it.

link to my hopefully helpfull list: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10062643#10062643

Sincerly
Allan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jacobsen
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Greasygeek wrote:
How many have played this yet? How was it? did it work? How hard was it?

I am sorry, but I completely revamped the map and scenario for reasons stated above. I like innovation, but unless I am the one playtesting some of my crazier ideas, I will try and keep things simple. I left the original scenario in my gallery if you are still interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hoier
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
This scenario reminds of one of the funniest things I've even seen in a movie...

What the hell... What is the title of this cinematic "gem"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J G
Canada
flag msg tools
It's the Feast series, and they are solid gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hoier
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to watch Cemetery Man. Pure AWESOMENESS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benevolentweasl wrote:
What the hell... What is the title of this cinematic "gem"?

As someone else has said, it part of the Feast trilogy (the clip was from the middle movie). Horror + Comedy Gold = Good Times. Hope you're not squeamish! devil

benevolentweasl wrote:
You need to watch Cemetery Man. Pure AWESOMENESS.

The search is on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Jacobsen
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I finally got a chance to watch that clip... and it was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. Thanks for that.

Please don't do that in this scenario... just kidding, figure to bring this somewhat back on topic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.