james caballero
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have yet to play this game (not sure when it comes out in the US) but as soon as I can get my hands on it, I absolutely will. I have played Fury of Dracula from FF which sounds very similar and enjoyed it quite a bit.

But my group (made of relative new-comers - including myself in a way) trying to find other similar games of deduction and detection where it was 1 vs. the many instead of the other way around (and not in a Mansions of Madness way)

Any suggestions?

(Also, no euros. Sorry euro-lovers )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
The closest I can think of to what you want would be Nuns on the Run. It's, I think up to 6, novices trying to get their secret wish by writing their moves on a paper while someone else is playing the guard who is visible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaric wrote:
The closest I can think of to what you want would be Nuns on the Run. It's, I think up to 6, novices trying to get their secret wish by writing their moves on a paper while someone else is playing the guard who is visible.

Yep. Only one that I can think of....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis S.
Greece
Thessaloniki
Macedonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check Nuns on the Run
I think this is what you are looking for, 1 or 2 players are hunting 2-4 players.
It's a good family game with a unique theme which i am not sure you are going to like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james caballero
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was hoping for something a little more complex. Imagine Android (okay, maybe not THAT complex ) but instead of 5 investigators, it's 1 investigator and 5 possible suspects. I'm sure you got the idea.

But Nuns sounds like some silly fun, i'll have to definitely take a look at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I owned Nuns on the Run and I do not recommend it. There was line of site that was hard to decipher and fiddly rules that allowed for mistakes. It was one of the worst games I ever purchased.

How about Ninja: Legend of the Scorpion Clan. Not sure if it's 1 against 5 but you might give it a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Escape from Colditz, if you can find a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Talese
United States
Horsham
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to agree with posts above, Nuns on the Run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian wu
China
flag msg tools
I think the game Scotland yard is much more similar to Whithechapel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Scotland Yard is similar. And under £20.

Garibaldi is also similar and by Nexus Games, picked up a copy for 5 euros at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.