Subject: Panic and Cities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our first turn of our first game, we had a Panic occur when a bunch of us had placed Atlanteans on the city. When the Productive Actions happened, we played it so that the tiles that did not have enough Atlanteans did not get to recruit more at all - it was as if they had wasted that Atlantean. Even I, the champion, who had placed a Courage token on my Atlantean at the outermost space got worse than nothing for my efforts. Was that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art C

Beaverton
Or
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we have been playing it too. They are called misfortune cards, I figure they are intended to cause pain, some more than others depending on when in the game they strike. You can mitigate it somewhat once you know it is in the deck by using the farther out city but it sucks with the champion in the outer ring. You could probably house rule that courage works on panic's too, thematically it makes sense but it would probably require one courage token per worker kept from moving in a ring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
Azeltir wrote:
In our first turn of our first game, we had a Panic occur when a bunch of us had placed Atlanteans on the city. When the Productive Actions happened, we played it so that the tiles that did not have enough Atlanteans did not get to recruit more at all - it was as if they had wasted that Atlantean. Even I, the champion, who had placed a Courage token on my Atlantean at the outermost space got worse than nothing for my efforts. Was that correct?

Yep. Panic can be brutal in that situation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Kruzhkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can try this house rule: change the text of the Panic card to "move all Atlanteans at least one tile closer to the center". In this case you can always chose to move your Atlanteans to the center tile to get some mystic energy at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.