Subject: 2-Player Session rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game on a whim yesterday after ducking into the local game shop. Just one of those things, you can't just "walk by", you have to go in, whether you intended to or not.

So, last night I set out to try it out. I didn't know much of anything about this game (or the original Fluxx), nor did my wife. So, we quickly read the rules, of which there are only two when you start.

We played two games and they ran fairly quickly, probably clocking in at 10-15 minutes each.

During the first game, I unfortuntaly played the "wrong" new rule card too soon into the game. I played the Hand Limit 0 card (or whatever it's called), so no one could carry any cards into the next hand - you had to discard everything once your turn was over. This would have been a nice card well into the game, but nearly caused a train wreck using it as the first rule addition. It also might have had something to do with there just being two players. However, once we got out of that by updating the limit the game went quickly and was quite fun. In the end my wife won the game by changing the goal to "Herpetology" - she had the Snakes keeper card along with Frogs.

Our second game got off to a nice start with the rules and goals changing rapidly and niether of us seeming to get anywhere. But as this game seems to play out, the game was won unexpectedly. My wife had played the Earthworms goal, and didn't see that I already had dirt in front of me. On my turn I luckily picked up the Earthworms card and played it. I won this time.

We enjoyed both rounds, though the second was better since we were getting the hang of it a bit more. It's a very light game, and could even be educational for younger kids. Having studied Biology myself, I enjoyed the theme, however simple. Luck seemed to play a big part in the game, though there's a small amount of strategy that can be employeed. It was a good light, quick game - which was perfect since we were both a bit tired even before we started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.