Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Again if this has been addressed...

In the 4th sidebar adjacent to the Attack Procedure it explains that if you attack a non-player territory of opposite religion and win, you move the Christendom track one in your favor. It then goes on to say that if you attack and capture a territory of another player that has a different religion, also move the Christendom track one in your favor.

As written isn't this redundant? Better: Any territory that one takes of opposite religion gains you one on the Christendom track and be done with it.

What have I missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is a difference between the two. Say a Catholic nation attacks a neutral territory that's designated as Anti-Catholic; if successful, Catholics advance 1 on the Christendom track...

Now, in a later turn, an Anti-Catholic successfully attacks that same neutral territory that's occupied by a Catholic nation; the Anti-Catholics would advance 1 on the Christendom track since the defending/occupying nation was Catholic...

That's how I think it works...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Mitch.

I was thinking in only terms of the territory's alignment not that, for example, a Catholic power may have taken a non-Catholic territory in which case a successful anti-Catholic attack on the Catholic held territory yields a Christendom track move in your favor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys,

As usual Mitch's interPretation is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.