Popular Tags: [View All]
P S
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

I downloaded this game 2 weeks ago and played it twice. It`s really a good introduction into "heavier" wargames.
Unfortunately, I need some help concerning restoring half strength units!
Is the only criteria for restoring a half strength unit that it must be in communication or must it also be in a town?
I played it this way, that only the criteria of beeing in communication is necessary, but it seems to be a little bit unrealistic and too unbalanced ( especially favoring the sovjet units).

I hope someone will help me soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the rules, I would say any unit in communication. New half-strength units can pop up in towns that are friendly or in communication with the east map edge (or in Moscow).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
YES! That's the 'Rules' as written out, and you're about the ONLY 'one' who'd 'feel' this 'way' regarding the SOVIETS! Click on this LINK and check out ''What Happens Next'' at the very bottom of it.

http://www.grognard.com/bfm/index.html

This extends the GAME and permits the SOVIETS to launch a ''Counter-Attack'' of their own. THEN, check this GAME out as it is based upon this 'one':

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/5724

There's a few folks willing to 'part' with theirs in some sort of TRADE, so check them out as well and get going on this. You'd usually even get a copy of ''Battle for Moscow'' in this too. Have FUN!
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P S
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, I shouldn`t have disputed what the rules say!
Now I can play the game without the feeling that taking Moscow is "such" an easy job for the Germans! ;-) Perhaps I try to receive a copy of "The Great Patriotic War". Finally, thx for correcting my spelling-mistake concerning the word Soviets! ;-) In German it`s Sowjets, that`s why I wrote it with "j" !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Actually...I hadn't EVEN 'noticed' that about your 'spelling', since I got the 'gist' of what you were inquiring about. I just have this GREAT 'style' for what-not, and I 'made' the ''Red Commies'' word of SOVIET for the 'fun' of this, JUST `cause I CAN! Anyway IF you check out the GAME that I mentioned about, then you might find someone near YOU who is willing to TRADE theirs for something else. In fact, I've done so already and HERE it is:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/General1981

Just 'click' upon this LINK and you'll find this someone. Work out some kind of 'deal' and tell `em that I sent YOU his way, alright? Good Luck on this then.
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.