Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The runner is hitting an NBN subsidary data fort, the corp rezzes a Matrix Analyzer and advances the target asset (spending one credit).

After defeating the trace, the runner jacks out, expecting a trap (Ghost Branch, most likely).

On his turn, the corp advances and scores the agenda.

What's your favorite so far?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm Weyland. I have Private Security Force scored.
Runner runs and steals a Priority Requisition, all happy.
I play Biotic Labor, score an agenda I had advanced all the way the previous turn. Play an SEA source, winning the the trace. Using Aggressive Negotiation for Scorched Earth. Play Scorched Earth. Reduce runners hand to 0. Runners laughs and says: "Ha, I'm still alive!" Use final click on Private Security Force. Laughing stops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankler wrote:
The runner is hitting an NBN subsidary data fort, the corp rezzes a Matrix Analyzer and advances the target asset (spending one credit).

After defeating the trace, the runner jacks out, expecting a trap (Ghost Branch, most likely).

On his turn, the corp advances and scores the agenda.

What's your favorite so far?

I like the reverse psychology on this one!

Mine as follows:

Running Jinteki

1) score Nisei MkII

2) Put Project Junebug out and advance twice (for max effect start new remote server with no ice)

3) When runner makes run on server end the run before they access Junebug.

4) Laugh as runner makes another run on same server and melts their cortex.

Runners will now be a little more nervous around undefended remote servers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn 1: Install card in remote fort, advance it, install ice in front of HQ.

Runner decides not to run on it, after much soul searching.

Turn 2: Advance it 3 more times and score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Prieur
Canada
flag msg tools
Asmor wrote:
Turn 1: Install card in remote fort, advance it, install ice in front of HQ.

Runner decides not to run on it, after much soul searching.

Turn 2: Advance it 3 more times and score.

This one just feels like a bad play on the runner part.

A card advanced on first turn mean it's pretty much junebug vs an agenda.

If it's junebug, you pay 1 credit and runner takes 2 dmg then trash it.
If it's an agenda you lose it + 1 advancement token.

Using point cost (2 for a click, 2 for cards, 1 for credits):
-Installed + 1 advancement = 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 7 points.
-To trigger junebug means 8 points for corp, and 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 points for runner to just take the damage and trash it.
-An agenda cost 2 points for the runner and give him victory points.

Unprotected, it's a no brainer in this situation the runner has to run imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The unprotected remote server was, is and shall always be the best PsyOp. They clearly cannot choose the glass of wine in front of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday afternoon, as Hass-Bioroid, had two unprotected cards out:

First placed was an Assertive Secretary with 2 Agenda Points on it.
Second placed was a Priority Requisition with 2 Agenda Points on it.

I had already used the following trick:
Biotic Labor to gain +1 action (taking me to 4), and then install/advance/advance/advance Accelerated Beta Test.

When he finally ran, it was into the Aggressive Secretary, which toasted two of his programs. He left the other one alone. Next turn I scored the Pri Req.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Meng
msg tools
Oh, man. Several close calls and crazy bluffs that I've pulled off thus far.

Situation #1:
I threw down an undefended Breaking News and left it out for 3-4 turns. With a couple Closed Accounts in hand, I was waiting for the right time to jack the runner's credits, especially after he put out a Bank Job. Then he threw down an Armitage. I let it sit for a while, not sure what to do, as I wanted to close the accounts AND trash Armitage, but I couldn't find the right opportunity... until he ran against another fort and hit a Matrix Analyzer on his last action for the turn. I paid 1 to advance BN, and on my turn I advanced, scored, played Closed Accounts, and trashed Armitage. It was great.

Situation #2:
During that same game, I also threw down an Astroscript into a lightly defended server, and left it there a few turns. In my hand, I had a psychographics, but was having a difficult time keeping tags on my opponent since he had Crash Space out. I also had a Data Raven sitting on HQ, not doing much, until my opponent started to run low on credits. Finally, he just decided to throw caution to the wind, and ran on HQ three turns in a row, allowing the trace to go through, just so he didn't have to spend money and could build up some credits with Gabriel. After accumulating the third token on Data Raven, my next turn I started with only 1 credit. I spent two actions to gain 2 credits, burned all three Raven tokens to tag him up, then paid three for Psychographics to advance and score the Astroscript. Next turn, he actually spent actions and money to remove all three tags.

... I eventually won that game.

Situation #3:
I'm not going to go into too much detail about this one, since it basically encompasses an entire game, but I had a game recently where I was playing Haas-Bioroid, and through a rather tragic turn of events, I ended up with the unpleasant task of trying to protect 8 agendas in HQ for quite a few turns.

Yes, you read that right. 8. I had two active Research Stations so I could actually hold onto them. To make matters worse, I was playing against a Criminal deck, which was using Sneakdoor Beta (what Criminal deck isn't using SB?), so I had to protect HQ from two fronts.

... Through great luck, I also eventually won that game.

Situation #4:
Again, playing Haas-Bioroid, I had a bit of trouble with the shuffle again, and got several agendas early in the game. This time, I decided to gamble and discard a couple PSFs to Archives face-down. I was facing a Criminal deck once again, but figured 2-4 points in a 0-0 game could be considered an "acceptable" loss, as long as it kept my opponent sidetracked. When the score eventually became 0-5 in the favor of the runner through a lucky access from HQ and from a lightly defended remote server, suddenly those unprotected Archives seemed to be a very high liability, but I couldn't risk playing ice to defend it or the runner would realize he only had to get through to the Archives to win, so I left it unguarded for most of the game.

Finally, I found a clever way to throw down some protection without arousing suspicion when he finally dropped his Sneakdoor. I threw down a Heimdall, and eventually some other things, to protect the back door, as well as distract him away from actually trying to access the Archives, and eventually came back to win that one.

There was even a point in that game where I had two agendas and one Research Station in hand, and he had successfully accessed HQ. Sitting at 5 points, I thought for sure he was going to win right there, but he pulled the RS, and I scraped on by.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you really getting that much mileage out of Research Station? I don't even keep it when I'm Weyland, much less splash it into other factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Meng
msg tools
Azeltir wrote:
Are you really getting that much mileage out of Research Station? I don't even keep it when I'm Weyland, much less splash it into other factions.

I was just trying it out. I figured it would be nice to have some extra storage space in case I didn't have the credits to drop things, or I wanted to do other things than play cards.

In that instance, with holding onto 8 agendas, it helped immensely, as I could focus on protecting HQ and not have to worry about making them easily accessible from the Archives.

Any other situation and I'm not sure how useful it would have been.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chance to draw single agenda from full hand: 20%

Chance to draw single agenda from full hand with research station: 15%

Chance to draw single agenda from full hand with 2 research stations: 11%

Any questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

Any questions?

Chance to hold 8 agendas without research stations: 0!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

Any questions?

Yeah... but... Chance to only have a single agenda in a full hand with research station: less

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.