Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: a few rule questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
couldnt find these anywhere so here it is...

A few questions about the rules..

1. can you mix weapons when wielding dual weapons? (example: machette + sawed off or pistol and sawed off?)

2. what happens to used spawn and item cards? do you immediatley shuffle them into the zombie and seach deck or do you create discard piles? if you create discard piles. what happens when you run out of cards then? and what about scenario seach items, carried by dead characters? are they lost for good or what?

3. Does ma's shot gun need to reload if only the blade is used during a melee combat?

4. When an extra activition zombie card is drawn, does all zombies of that type move immediatley? even those that just been spawned during that turn?

thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woody Taylor
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As I read the rules:

1) Yes, you can have mixed weapon types in your hand, but no, you don't get the advantage or them being dual wielded.

2) You keep a discard pile for zombie spawn cards and the item cards. If you run out of cards, you shuffle the appropriate discard pile. Dead character items? My understanding is that their items are gone and discarded. But I've seen some house rules that allow you to search the bodies, roll dice, etc to keep the items.

3) No, you only need to reload Ma's shotgun if you use it for ranged attack. You can hack and slash with the blade all you want.

4) Yes, all zombies of that type get a fresh and immediate activation, including the ones recently placed during the current spawning event. This leads to the tactic of populating a building by starting away from the opened door and working your way towards survivors... to lessen the chance of getting an extra activation with zombies in the adjacent zone.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
woodshow wrote:


4) Yes, all zombies of that type get a fresh and immediate activation, including the ones recently placed during the current spawning event. This leads to the tactic of populating a building by starting away from the opened door and working your way towards survivors... to lessen the chance of getting an extra activation with zombies in the adjacent zone.


Example (question).
1. Draw Zombie card with 2 walkers.
2. Draw Zombie card with 1 runner.
3. Activation card for Walkers.
4. Draw Zombie card with 2 Walkers.

In this example, does:
1. Only the the 2 walkers in step 1 gets activated; or
2. All 4 walkers spawned get activated?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All of Woody's responses look correct to me.

Marten: only the two walkers from step one. You resolve the activation card drawn in step 3 immediately, so it's discarded and gone when you draw the Walker card in steep 4.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Ryn
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
I count 3 walkers would get a turn.
1. 2 walkers
2. 1 walker
3. extra walker turn (immediately, all existing plus 3 new)
4. 1 walker. (after the extra turn, they missed out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rakuall wrote:
I count 3 walkers would get a turn.
1. 2 walkers
2. 1 walker
3. extra walker turn (immediately, all existing plus 3 new)
4. 1 walker. (after the extra turn, they missed out.

Number 2 is a Runner, not Walker.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Everly
United States
California
flag msg tools
Actually, It's kinda implied by the rulebook that zombies would get an extra turn during their next activation. Page 13 reads:

Quote:
When you reveal an Extra Activation card, no zombies appear in the designated Zone. Instead, all zombies of the indicated type get another turn (see Activation step in the previous page).


I didn't catch it until a friend brought it to my attention, but the zombies indicated on the Extra Activation card gain an extra turn during step 1 of their next activation. Meaning those zombies become priority during the player phase... At least, that's the way I'm interpreting it now because it was too dang hard the way I was playing it before.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaray wrote:
Actually, It's kinda implied by the rulebook that zombies would get an extra turn during their next activation. Page 13 reads:

Quote:
When you reveal an Extra Activation card, no zombies appear in the designated Zone. Instead, all zombies of the indicated type get another turn (see Activation step in the previous page).


I didn't catch it until a friend brought it to my attention, but the zombies indicated on the Extra Activation card gain an extra turn during step 1 of their next activation. Meaning those zombies become priority during the player phase... At least, that's the way I'm interpreting it now because it was too dang hard the way I was playing it before.


EH?!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No Ryan, the extra turn takes place immediately, not in the following Zombies' Phase.

And yeah, it's supposed to be hard. cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.