Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Tesser
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the first turn do you draw a monster card for the first room. Or do you start there and move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You technically start outside the dungeon, so you do draw a monster in the first room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:
You technically start outside the dungeon, so you do draw a monster in the first room.

I'll have to double check, but I believe you are instructed to put your party in the first room, and movement phase comes before combat, so I don't believe you battle in that first room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tesser
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
willythesnitch wrote:

I'll have to double check, but I believe you are instructed to put your party in the first room, and movement phase comes before combat, so I don't believe you battle in that first room.

That is what I thought BUT the number of cards would indicate differently. If you take the long way through the Dungeon layouts you get just enough cards IF you battle in the first room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
willythesnitch wrote:

My copy of the rules says to start the party outside the dungeon, off the card. Perhaps different versions of the game have different wordings here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F J
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
This has changed in the latest version of the rules (and it makes more sense now IMO).

Quote:
Place the hero party marker in front of the entry space of
the first dungeon map board.

So, yes, you have to fight a monster in the first room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.