Elan Morin Tedronai
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
Hi.

Quick question, the Objective cards state to place a Chthonian when there are four cultists in the Chapel, however should I then remove the four cultists as well? Nowhere does it state so, however it does fit with the established pattern of "remove 1 Cultist for Zombie, 2 for Hound of ... and 3 for a Shoggoth". I chose to remove the four cultists as I wanted to stick with the pattern, however without the four cultists my investigators managed to kill my baby Chthonian before four turns had passed (bastards torched the Chapel early on).

As this drastically affects the difficulty I'd like to know what is actually supposed to happen.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
As far as I know, the four cultists aren't supposed to be removed. This is a different of ritual than the usual Summoning Keeper action - requires a specific location, a larger gathering, and much more preparation (the story implies weeks of preparation) - so it's not surprising that it behaves differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I always leave them too, because it doesn't say not to. This objective leads to some pretty memorable finishes, so it seems to work well that way. Makes a room full of nasty, but there are some fun/creative ways to go after it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Caldwell
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I struggled with the same thing this weekend. Ultimately I chose to leave them because the objective card says something like "the investigators might have saved the world, but they will surely be torn apart by the cultists"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Caldwell
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To follow up, just found this in the FAQ:

Q: In Story 2, how does Objective 1B work?
A: Once per game, if the keeper is fulfilling the requirements on
the Objective card during his turn, he may summon a Cthonian.
This does not kill any cultists, and can even be done if the
Objective card is already revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.