Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone been able to purchase this game through anyone else than Boards and Bits? I am interested in purchasing this game, but they are wanting me to spend $45 dollars shipping to Thailand for a $10 game that is, in essence, a deck of cards. I had thought that maybe I would be able to get a cheaper shipping rate to my parent's house in Manitoba, but they still want $38 dollars shipping to Canada. surprise

In the past 2 months I have purchased Morels from the US and paid $13.50 shipping to Thailand. I have also purchased Bangkok Klongs from Germany and paid $20 shipping. Morels is 2 decks of cards, and Klongs is a big box.

Max, I love your game, and it looks like something my family and I would enjoy greatly. I hope that you have managed to find someone other than Boards and Bits to distribute it, because I have a feeling that your game will never find the success it deserves if such ridiculous shipping charges are always being applied.

If anyone can point me towards a reasonably priced copy of this game, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Until very recently, people outside the US could easily pick up Let's Take a Hike from Treefrog Games who have now stopped selling games directly. You should have looked a month or so ago.

Boards and Bits are set up to do primarily US orders and only use forms of postage to overseas which have tracking (which removes the option of the only slightly expensive first class international).

I do periodically order stuff from B&B but I either 1) wait until I'm visiting the US, or 2) make a large enough order of multiple games so the postage becomes only 1/3 or less of the price. The postage starts high, but doesn't go up that fast as you add games.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That kind of sucks. Hopefully someone will eventually sell a used copy, as I'm not about to pay that kind of ridiculous shipping. I feel badly for Max and his game, as we both in the end become the ultimate losers due to a bad business decision...

Thanks for the information!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not think it was a bad business decision to put a well-respected US online game store in charge of distributing this small-print-run game within the US, which is what Stratamax did.

The fact that the happy situation of distribution to the rest of the world via Treefrog has stopped is unfortunate, but it worked perfectly well for a considerable time, and is how I picked up multiple copies of the game. I would presume that a large proportion of the non-US folks who wanted the game already picked up copies from Treefrog.

I don't know whether Treefrog managed to sell off all their remaining copies or whether they'll show up somewhere else in the UK where you can buy a copy. Perhaps you could email either Treefrog or Stratamax and ask?

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your suggestions, Bruce. I'll wait and see if Max replies, and will also send an email off to Treefrog - doesn't hurt to ask.

I suspect that supplies in Europe are indeed running low - think I saw something to that effect mentioned in another thread.

Have a good one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Michael
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for asking.

Boards and Bits has been great to work with. We don't provide them with as high a volume of flow through as the big guys yet they've been extremely flexible and understanding of the limits we face due to the game being produced in relatively small numbers. I couldn't ask for a better arrangement to manage fulfillment in the US for us. Well I could ask and actually did ask but, hey, they have their limitations too.

To get a game sent outside of the US you have a few options:

1. Order from Boards and Bits and accept the fact that the shipping charges are what they are.

2. Come to Spiel in Essen and stop by Booth 210 in Hall 4.
We will have some there. Worth the trip on it's own if you ask me but you might as well see what else is at Spiel while you are there. Starting with Sheepdogs of Pendleton Hill.

3. Wait patiently until after Essen. Martin's generosity reached a new peak when he started using his Treefrog web store, time and warehouse space to sell Let's Take a Hike as a favor to us.
With his store closing up we will try to make other arrangements for sales outside of the US.
It's on my "things to do" list while there.
Nothing but work work work - that's us at Spiel alright.....

Thanks again for asking.

Max Michael
StrataMax Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Max.

As much as I'd love to do #2 and refuse to do #1, I think I'll have to wait and do #3.

That said, I've contacted Boards and Bits, and they are helpfully looking into alternative shipping options. In the meantime I will keep my eyes open for any used copies that show up in the Marketplace, and attempt to make some American friends...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregorio Morales
Spain
Alicante
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Max Michael wrote:

2. Come to Spiel in Essen and stop by Booth 210 in Hall 4.
We will have some there. Worth the trip on it's own if you ask me but you might as well see what else is at Spiel while you are there. Starting with Sheepdogs of Pendleton Hill.

I wanted to drop by your booth, but unfortunately I didn't have time (too many meetings there!). I'm afraid you won't be attending Nürnberg, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.