United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Install The Personal Touch only on an icebreaker.
Host icebreaker has +1 strength.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lindsay
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes. It's hosted on an icebreaker. If you don't have any icebreakers you have no legal place to host it and cannot install it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is going to come off all snarky but I'm honestly curious, not trying to bust you balls... the card says specifically 'install only on an icebreaker.' What argument can someone put forward that they can install it in direct contradiction to the card text?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That you can't install it on any other card type, but you can play it to the table. It's a stretch, but I've had situations with this game where I thought a possible interpretation was a stretch and it turned out to be the right one. More dotting my i's and crossing my t's on rules. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AstroLad wrote:
That you can't install it on any other card type, but you can play it to the table.
If that were the case, the card text would read "Install this card only on an icebreaker or onto your rig." The fact that it says "Install The Personal Touch only on an icebreaker" pretty clearly conveys that the only place it can be installed is on an icebreaker, not onto your rig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not actually arguing that position, I just wanted to make sure back when I posted this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.