Popular Tags: [View All]
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey

I live in Montreal and I prefer owning my games in French since not everybody in my gaming group is comfortable playing games in english, especially kids (I own only summoner wars in English).

Sadly, even though Mystery of the Abbey is being reprinted in french (Mystère à l'Abbaye), I can't find it for shipping to Canada (or only in a store in France that will send it for 40Euros shipping T_T). Also Days of Wonders website doesn't allow a shipping to NA from their Euro shop.

I was wondering if someone knew a cheap solution to ship from France or a way to find a Fr version in North America ?

Also, if you can answer the question... would you chose this or Mystery Express ? and Why ?

Thanks for any answers

A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joël Simard
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
try http://levalet.com (Montreal best FLGS)

They already have it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
acken wrote:
Also, if you can answer the question... would you chose this or Mystery Express ? and Why ?

I would prefer Abbey, simply because most of my friends are Christian and both appreciate and understand the small hints to church history.

So for us the choice is easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arnaud roussel
Canada
st Leonard
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Gavroche wrote:

They already have it...

Game isn't available in french as far as i understand their website Sent them a mail just in case their website isn't up to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joël Simard
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acken wrote:
Gavroche wrote:

They already have it...

Game isn't available in french as far as i understand their website Sent them a mail just in case their website isn't up to date.

You're right, my mistake...but since the game has just been reprint, it should only be a matter of days (at most) before it arrive at Le Valet (they have always carried all the Days of Wonders titles).

As for Mystery Express, although the game is a bit more complex, I found the experience more rewarding. Mystery at the Abbey as a tendency to have a chaotic ending, when the players rush to the chapter to "guess" who is the guilty monk, having nothing to loose anyway, and this can be very frustrating. Mystery Express instead always reward the best players...and the french version is currently in stock!

On the other hand, Mystery at the Abbey shoul be more simple to learn with kids of 8+, Mystery Express is more a 10+...

Another option you can consider is Mr. Jack in New York which is also a very good deduction game of about the same level of complexity as Mystery Express...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.