Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
I'd like to get some expansions, which ones do you recommend? Which expansions or cycles are a must have?
For now, I plan getting Assault on Ulthuan because of the new playable factions and then I don't know which way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get 'em all. There's no real better ones than any others. The more cards you own, the better the game gets, to some extent.

The sad thing is the utter lack of players and awful tournament and organized play support. The game's just dead everywhere I look which makes me really sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hall
United States
Marion
SC - South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
The sad thing is the utter lack of players and awful tournament and organized play support. The game's just dead everywhere I look which makes me really sad.

Except for Poland, which had 80-some players in there national championships just a while ago. So, he probably has some people to play against within driving distance.

I'd agree, though. All the expansions are good. I'd probably leave the first cycle until last, since some cards are only 1x. Also check out an online deckbuilder such as deckbox.org, which should be able to help you target your favorite factions first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I think AoU first; the rulebook even mentions it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

Luckily I don't care much about tournament play, yet. For now I will just play with my friend and we'll try to spark some interest among our other friends and gaming circle. Should that fail, we can still continue playing together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne
Canada
Deep River
Ontario
flag msg tools
I got myself AoU after the core set, the extra races were a nice change, and the several cards for the core races were refreshing. I find deluxe expansions better bang for the buck, so I'm planning getting Legends next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Argo
United States
Durant
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging by your avatar, I can see that you're a fan of Chaos, right? If so, you can't go wrong by digging into the Enemy Cycle, which adds some fantastic Disease cards, and specifically, the Twin Tailed Comet expansion from the Morrslieb Cycle for its immensely powerful Sorcerer of Tzeentch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.