Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Markov
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I played our first game last night, ending in a narrow defeat for me when I miscounted the number of turns left in the game. We both were hoarding foraging sticks during the game, so much so that near the end of the game there were none left in the supply.

My question is, when there are no foraging sticks left, does that mean that neither player can sell mushrooms during their turn? Our intuition was that the sticks are unlimited, otherwise it would be too easy to be stuck with nothing to do on your turn. We ended up just using pennies for the extra sticks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Povis
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downwiththewall wrote:
My girlfriend and I played our first game last night, ending in a narrow defeat for me when I miscounted the number of turns left in the game. We both were hoarding foraging sticks during the game, so much so that near the end of the game there were none left in the supply.

My question is, when there are no foraging sticks left, does that mean that neither player can sell mushrooms during their turn? Our intuition was that the sticks are unlimited, otherwise it would be too easy to be stuck with nothing to do on your turn. We ended up just using pennies for the extra sticks.

Hi Alex. You are correct in that the foraging stick supply is meant to be unlimited. As a homebrew fan, I like the idea of playing whichever way suits you, but the 2nd edition of the rules will include this clarification on the infinite nature of the supply. Thanks and happy foraging!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I'd add that in the many games I've played, we've never come close to using up all the available sticks.

We've found that the sticks are used only a few times in the game (sometimes not at all) and that hoarding them means that you're spending too much time selling mushrooms that might be better used in the frying pan.

Perhaps I'm missing something in my strategy, but I can't really envision a competitive circumstance in which all of the sticks are used. I only mention this so that anyone reading the thread might feel secure in the knowledge that in this gamer's perspective, there are plenty of sticks included with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.