Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mission 1. First timer but I went slow and rewound every time I discovered any little error. I completed the mission meeting the requirements with soldiers at the 3 points to end the mission. But only 3 Germans ever showed up. I know I got lucky when a German officer surrendered very early. He got captured and I went straight from condition 2 to 4. So do you think I probably screwed up and missed something, just one of those things, or is this kind of normal this game?

Regardless great game and I can't wait to continue. Just debating if I should try mission 1 again assuming I screwed up badly somewhere or forge ahead.

Thanks for input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't feel bad. There are barely enough possible VPs to win the first mission so you need to really explore the map and get lucky. I like to think of the first mission as a learning experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Jonny! I'll assume whatever errors I made weren't game changing and I'll forge ahead with Mission #2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the first mission relies on stumbling across some of the random events in order to even get close to getting the 13 VP. I agree with the other poster - view it as an (overly harsh) introduction to the system and move on.

As far as it being kind of normal for the game, it will often pay to explore some of the surrounding areas in the course of a mission, but unless you're really unlucky at making sighting or event rolls you shouldn't have to stray too far from the objective for these things to pop up in most cases.

Glad you're enjoying it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I tried that already. Let's see, what happens if I step out of the woods. Sniped in the leg and incapitated! Yikes! Back to woods we go!

However, I did sucessfully drag the poor guy across half the map into one of the buildings so I didn't lose points for him. Didn't help they randomly hit one of my commanders though.

After that happened at the near very beginning on the mission, I thought for sure I was in trouble when I needed to cross the stream or road out the open but I must of snuck across in the right places!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam vanLangenberg
Australia
Cheltenham
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this last night with a mate and we only got 12 points! No idea how you're supposed to get 13 :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.