Tito Jimenez
msg tools
I have a question: in "3.Three-Faction Scenarios 3.1 Main Event 1939-194?" from the PLAYBOOK, Soviet armies that are received as "condtnl" with the numbers 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 21, 23, etc ... at what point should receive and what specifically?.
I say this because no where mention is made, except in "Ussr Northern border 7.2.7, and 7.2.8 Ussr Southern border., Which involves only two armies tokens in each case, but without indicating that armies in concrete and with respect to other Russian armies not affected the above mentioned rules, do not say anything at all.
For other armies of other countries is the same, as for example with the German armies that are received as "condtnl", "1 gar, 2 gr, 3 gr, etc ...; after seeing all the "playbook", the same thing happens with all the armies that are received as "condtnl".
thanks and best regards!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
paisano wrote:
I have a question: in "3.Three-Faction Scenarios 3.1 Main Event 1939-194?" from the PLAYBOOK, Soviet armies that are received as "condtnl" with the numbers 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 21, 23, etc ... at what point should receive and what specifically?.
I say this because no where mention is made, except in "Ussr Northern border 7.2.7, and 7.2.8 Ussr Southern border., Which involves only two armies tokens in each case, but without indicating that armies in concrete and with respect to other Russian armies not affected the above mentioned rules, do not say anything at all.
For other armies of other countries is the same, as for example with the German armies that are received as "condtnl", "1 gar, 2 gr, 3 gr, etc ...; after seeing all the "playbook", the same thing happens with all the armies that are received as "condtnl".
thanks and best regards!!

The conditional USSR armies may be received from the following events.

- USSR conquers a country that cedes a USSR Disputed Area to the USSR (one army).

- Area Seized marker pulled in the Diplomacy segment(one army).

- East Invaded Conditional Event (Emergency Mobilization= five armies and Expanded Reserves= one per USSR Disputed Area that has not been ceded).

- USSR North Border Conditional Event (two armies).

- USSR South Border Conditional Event (two armies).

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tito Jimenez
msg tools
Thank you very much for the quick reply!. I realized that everything is well explained in "conditional event 7.2", but I find the same problem whith the German garrisons "1 gar, 2 gar etc" ... I will look more carefully and try to translate better rules in my language when I read them.
best regards!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
paisano wrote:
Thank you very much for the quick reply!. I realized that everything is well explained in "conditional event 7.2", but I find the same problem whith the German garrisons "1 gar, 2 gar etc" ... I will look more carefully and try to translate better rules in my language when I read them.
best regards!!!

Thank you for the support and translating the rules (into Spanish?). I do wonder sometimes how the rules are understood by gamers whose first language is not English. It has been hard enough writing the rules for native English-speaking gamers.

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
svasta wrote:

- USSR conquers a country that cedes a USSR Disputed Area to the USSR (one army).

Sorry, this is not correct.

The USSR gets one conditional army when it conquers a country. The Disputed Area is not needed in this case.

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tito Jimenez
msg tools
Re: mobiliz air units?
I am delighted to write again.
The first thing that I write from Spain (Europe), I say "in Europe", because my friends have told me that if I only say Spain, this can create errors especially with Mexico, or some other country that were part of our ancient overseas provinces.
Well, I have a question regarding how many sorties an air units should be placed, when they are in "mobiliz" for example, I'm playing the 2.3 FRANCE 1940 "PLAYBOOK" and the counter "1 RAF" comes "mobiliz"; I'll put it in historic entrance" June-40", but do not if I should get with 4 sorties or no, because in the summary tables said that "Mobilize a unit from its box costs 3 points mobilize a fighter or a convoy with 4 sorties".
Thank you very much for your help and say that I understand the rules very well, as they are very clear and concise.
best regards!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
paisano wrote:

Well, I have a question regarding how many sorties an air units should be placed, when they are in "mobiliz" for example, I'm playing the 2.3 FRANCE 1940 "PLAYBOOK" and the counter "1 RAF" comes "mobiliz"; I'll put it in historic entrance" June-40", but do not if I should get with 4 sorties or no, because in the summary tables said that "Mobilize a unit from its box costs 3 points mobilize a fighter or a convoy with 4 sorties".
Thank you very much for your help and say that I understand the rules very well, as they are very clear and concise.
best regards!!!!!

A simple, unwritten rule is a unit on a Faction Card or Turn Track never has Sorties.

If a counter's Set Up Loc (location) = "Mobiliz", that means you put the counter in its Faction Card's Mobilization box (either at the start of the scenario or later based on its Entry date).

When an air/naval unit in a Mobilization box is mobilized (i.e. it is placed in a hex or Map Box), pay the production cost listed on the left side of the respective unit type line. It is then placed on the map with 4 Sorties (regardless of the type of unit).

In your example, 1 RAF is placed in the Turn Track's Jun-40 box. It has no Sorties. When it is removed from the Turn Track, it is put in the Western Faction Card's Mobilization box, again with no Sorties.

To mobilize 1 RAF in a Mobilization Segment, the UK spends three production points because it is a fighter unit and then puts it on the map with 4 Sorties. If you were instead buying Force H (a carrier unit), the UK would spend 5 production to put it on the map with 4 Sorties.

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tito Jimenez
msg tools
Thank you very much for being so kind and responding so quickly to my question.
Now I understand well the use of the units that are received as "mobilization".
It happens sometimes that I translate into Spanish the rules well, but I have little doubt as you have seen.
I repeat once again thank you for your attention.
PS:On a forum I saw someone asking about the town of Graniti, and responded that it was the birthplace of one of your relatives.
I assume by your name that you descended from Italians, which I am very happy, because in Spain we have much appreciation for the Italians and I know that the feeling is mutual.
Rafaela Carra and many other Italian artists are well known in Spain, and our character "Mediterranean", share many things in common. We also share many historical and cultural ties, such as language and even kings in common,well, it's a great pleasure to talk to you so far away, and I apologize if I've been a "heavy" in my reply.
BEST REGARDS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
paisano wrote:
It happens sometimes that I translate into Spanish the rules well, but I have little doubt as you have seen.

Will you eventually post the translation here on BGG?

If I had the time and was brave enough, I would try to translate the rules into Italian.

Quote:
I repeat once again thank you for your attention.

You're welcome. As long as I am able, I will try to answer questions. I ask that people be patient and kindly accept the answer even if they do not agree with it.

Quote:
I assume by your name that you descended from Italians, which I am very happy, because in Spain we have much appreciation for the Italians and I know that the feeling is mutual.

Considering my family is from Sicily, it might be more accurate to say I'm descended from nearly all people in Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East. However, I do state my ancestry is Italian.

Quote:
Rafaela Carra and many other Italian artists are well known in Spain, and our character "Mediterranean", share many things in common. We also share many historical and cultural ties, such as language and even kings in common,well, it's a great pleasure to talk to you so far away, and I apologize if I've been a "heavy" in my reply.
BEST REGARDS!

One day I hope to visit Spain and other places in Europe I haven't gone to. Unfortunately, I have not won the lottery yet.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tito Jimenez
msg tools
Re: suggestion that may help in the game
I've played the campaign in Poland, Norway and France and now I'm with the Balkans.
When you play,(especially at first),you're forced to look often certain "values",affecting the counters resulting that a little "uncomfortable" because the value table is "extensive" (long) to time to look for them.
I think it would help more to the player that these "values" were always printed on the counters,for more agility when you play,For example, a German army infantry always has a value of (+2), and an American (+1 ), and one Polish, (0)-well,that is printed on the counters and also saves time.
Playing memorized those "values", but I think it's easier, plus, if you play with someone you have to provide less explanation and is best understood for this person.
a big hug and best regards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tito Jimenez
msg tools
Re: Area Seized
Again hello, I've played Poland 39, Scandinavia 40, France-40, Balkans 41, Mediterranean 40-42, and I'm playing now Main Event 1939 -?.
I have a doubt (I guess because I did not translate well), regarding Seized Area.
In step 1 says: Select a country with a URSS disputed area that has not been ceded to the URSS and is either neutral or an active western country with no Axis unit in it, and in Step 5 says: If the selected country was neutral and still exists, perform the following based on the one that applies... and indicates three points, the last of them saying:If the country has a Pro-Axis marker in its capital, it remain there. it does not activated as an Axis country.
My question is this: there is a priority when choosing neutral countries that yield territory to the USSR. Example: Russia must first choose a neutral country which cede part of its territory (eg Romania with Bessarabia), rather than a neutral country which not to give part of their territory like Lithuania?.
If Germany gets a pro-axis marker in Lithuania, Lithuania becomes an ally of Germany or not, according to step 5 mentioned above.
Thank you very much, and best regards!- TITO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
paisano wrote:
I've played the campaign in Poland, Norway and France and now I'm with the Balkans.

You are moving fast. Is this with a printed or electronic version? Please post a separate thread telling us what you thought of them.

Quote:
When you play,(especially at first),you're forced to look often certain "values",affecting the counters resulting that a little "uncomfortable" because the value table is "extensive" (long) to time to look for them.
I think it would help more to the player that these "values" were always printed on the counters,for more agility when you play,For example, a German army infantry always has a value of (+2), and an American (+1 ), and one Polish, (0)-well,that is printed on the counters and also saves time.
Playing memorized those "values", but I think it's easier, plus, if you play with someone you have to provide less explanation and is best understood for this person.

You are not the first person to suggest this. I do not do this for several reasons.

1) I don't want someone to think they are combat factors as in the traditional wargame. This is especially important with someone that is looking at it for the first time. I want them to notice there are no combat factors and look deeper into the game.

2) If someone has to look at a counter to find a DRM, they still have to take the time to look. So I think it saves time to put all the DRMs in one place.

3) I think the counters will not look as nice (i.e. you will not get an historical atlas feel) if all the German armies say +2 on them. It only takes a few combats to remember German armies are +2 which means you will stop looking at the counters for the DRM, but it will still be there unnecessarily afterwards.

4) Most importantly, if I put a value on the counter, it removes my flexibility to make changes later without changing a lot of counters.

For example, suppose after the game is published and many games are played, it is determined that Germany is too hard to break by the end of the game. I do not believe that will happen, but wargames are rarely perfect the first time.

To fix that, I could decide that after Germany's Will drops below 30, it's combat DRM drops to +1 to represent less experienced troops and leadership. If a DRM is printed on the counter, then all the German army counters would be wrong. Fixing that would be much harder than fixing it on a Player Aid sheet.

I realize the DRM list is rather long, but my experience even with new players is they go through them quickly.

Quote:
a big hug and best regards!

I believe you are the first wargamer to give me an electronic hug.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
paisano wrote:
Again hello, I've played Poland 39, Scandinavia 40, France-40, Balkans 41, Mediterranean 40-42, and I'm playing now Main Event 1939 -?.
I have a doubt (I guess because I did not translate well), regarding Seized Area.
In step 1 says: Select a country with a URSS disputed area that has not been ceded to the URSS and is either neutral or an active western country with no Axis unit in it, and in Step 5 says: If the selected country was neutral and still exists, perform the following based on the one that applies... and indicates three points, the last of them saying:If the country has a Pro-Axis marker in its capital, it remain there. it does not activated as an Axis country.
My question is this: there is a priority when choosing neutral countries that yield territory to the USSR. Example: Russia must first choose a neutral country which cede part of its territory (eg Romania with Bessarabia), rather than a neutral country which not to give part of their territory like Lithuania?.

There is no priority. The Soviet player can pick any neutral or active Western country with no Axis unit in it.

Quote:
If Germany gets a pro-axis marker in Lithuania, Lithuania becomes an ally of Germany or not, according to step 5 mentioned above.
Thank you very much, and best regards!- TITO

The first bullet of Step 5 handles this. Lithuania is a country that is ceded completely. If a whole country is ceded, any Pro-Faction marker that is already there is removed.

The Area Seized event never turns a neutral country in an Axis ally. The most it will do is put a Pro-Axis marker in that country (and only if it was not ceded completely, e.g. Finland).

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Pfeiffer
United States
Laporte
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't trust him...Wargamers don't hug.

I am interested in this game. It comes out about a year from now, correct?

The only print and play I find happens to be Case blue. Is this correct also?

Is it easier than Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
elrond3737 wrote:
I don't trust him...Wargamers don't hug.

I am interested in this game. It comes out about a year from now, correct?

I wish I could say yes, but I don't know. I The game still needs more pre-orders, or some very generous donation by a wealthy person that can the remaining cost difference.

Quote:
The only print and play I find happens to be Case blue. Is this correct also?

No, all of USE is available to download and print out. Go to http://www.mediafire.com/?drcqnoevhcu8j. In the same place, you will also find an up to date Cyberboard version of the game. The VASSAL version is not up to date.

Quote:
Is it easier than Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg?

I believe so. I tried to make USE relatively easier than other hex-and-counter strategic WW2 games. Mechanically, AE:TK is not that difficult because it is rather traditional with its Igo-Ugo system, combat factors and odds based CRT. However, TK has more counters and there a many more nuances in the rules that can make it tough. And while the cards in TK greatly simplify the economic element in the game, the fact that some cards are pre-requisites of other cards can make it tough to see the long view without a study of the cards.

What a player may find difficult when playing USE is dealing with its single unit activation, integrated movement/combat system. It's mechanically very simple, but until you play it a little, a player isn't quite sure what to expect. You can't simply look at the map and plan out where everyone needs to move and where they are likely to be when all the combat is over. At first, that can be disconcerting when you are used to more chess-like play.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.