Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Dauwalder
United States
Tacoma
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find this addressed anywhere.

It's the movement phase, I move my investigator into the witch house location where there just happens to be a monster and a gate.

I know normally you would deal with the monster in some way (fight or evade). However, because there's a gate there do you get sucked in automatically thus circumventing the monster?

I know on the way out of a gate you can attempt to close the gate before dealing with a monster next turn during the movement phase.

I'm assuming you have to deal with the monster in the location first and then you are swept into the gate during the encounter phase?

Thank you so much in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow the phases! During the movement phase, if you move into a space with a monster, you have to deal with the monster. You don't deal with the gate at all until the Arkham Encounters phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dauwalder
United States
Tacoma
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured. When it doubt, follow the phases. Thanks!

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as an aside for future reference, one of the reasons new users can't find quick answers is because the topic is titled "Question."

No criticism; just a head's up. I did the same until someone pointed it out.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.