Subject: The Nuns intimidate me.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
This game intimidates me. And, that's not just the nuns. I have opened the box and read the rules, and it looks like much of the gameplay seems to be trying to figure out whether or not Location A can see Location B. That doesn't seem very fun to me, especially if you have to use a ruler to see if the line of sight is clear or not.

Do you spend much time while playing trying to figure sightlines out like this, or is the game in any way actually fun and easy to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOS is a very easy concept disturbed by the dark board and some hard to see exceptions and doors. However after 2 or 3 plays they can be easily assimilated.

To sum up, we have always a big time playing this.

PS:Also, the rule is stupid, and my group does not use it at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Hellyer
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hi Alan,

Thank you for your perspective. By the way, which rule does your group ignore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think we've ever used the ruler. We have looked at the chart on the back a few times though. There are so many doors, that LOS usually isn't a problem, and as long as you're more than six spaces away, you never have LOS anyway, so that makes it very easy. You spend a lot more time counting out spaces in your head for worst case scenarios :) ("okay, if i move here, and the nun moves 4, can she hear me if i roll a 6" and stuff like that)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Harper
United States
Rochester
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tequila_j wrote:
LOS is a very easy concept disturbed by the dark board and some hard to see exceptions and doors. However after 2 or 3 plays they can be easily assimilated.

To sum up, we have always a big time playing this.

PS:Also, the rule is stupid, and my group does not use it at all.

I think he meant to say that the "ruler" is stupid, Michael..

We do not use that at all either..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.