Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title says, i'm looking to add some new themes to my collection.
I own: (For Solo games)
-Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game (No expansions)
-The Isle of Doctor Necreaux
-Red November
I'm picking up Elder sign & possibly Friday (If I can find a trade for it).
But besides those, what are some other solo deck building games like Friday or Dominion etc??

& I'm looking for some solo zombie games as well, i've looked up Zombicide and Zpocalypse already..but im not sure I want to drop $50ish on a solo game.

Thoughts?
Much appreciated,
Goof

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, you can't say "solo" and "zombie" without someone mentioning Zombie in my Pocket. The print-and-play is a fine solo game, but the commercial version can support more players and is pretty fun. I never tried the print-and-play, but I have the commercial version (Zombie in my Pocket).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROGER DEAL
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Kenneth Deal WW 2 Belgium 1944/45
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn Of The Zeds by Victory Point Games. It's a very good solo game for about $35.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowrift is a great co-op deck-building game that plays really well solo (just control two hands).

And yes, Dawn of the Zeds for solo zombie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy Zombicide solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm Going Down...

http://simplebooklet.com/publish.php?wpKey=Dja8RmWqa0sTelyxB...

Copies are arriving at backers doorsteps this week. Pre-orders and orders will be going out soon after. Zombies, built specifically for solo play (also can be played with 2), cheaper than the big box zombie games.

I made this game specifically for people just like you (yes I am the designer/publisher). I hope you will consider it, and please geek mail me or reach out if you have any questions at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Eaten by Zombies! is a zombie deck building game. Not solo, though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon McClay
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I highly encourage you to check out zombicide. You will enjoy it a great deal more with friends, but the solo play will work really well.

I am a new player of Last Night on Earth and I was super disappointed once I played Zombicide...it's a MUCH more enjoyable game...but the price tag is pretty freaking high!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Fonck
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Elder Sign about a week ago from a seller here on BGG and I love it. I have played it solo and with two and four players. I would highly recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions!!!
I have the Elder Sign app on my Droid phone, Very fun!! so the legit board game must be fun! so i'll probly give that a try.

Zombicide is on my list, but with the steep price tag it might take me a while to get around to it!

& I checked out "If I'm going down..." , Seems good! But I haven't backed it on Kickstarter...so i'm hoping this doesn't end up relatively expensive either.

Keep em coming! Really looking for a Deck building game (Pref. solo) and I heard friday is probly my best bet, any others?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goofiestbee wrote:
Really looking for a Deck building game (Pref. solo) and I heard friday is probly my best bet, any others?!

I'm not sure Friday is really a deck-building game. Some of the deck-building mechanics are there, but it's a poor representation of the genre. It's better just to think of it as an awesome solo game, not necessarily a deck-builder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goofiestbee wrote:

Keep em coming! Really looking for a Deck building game (Pref. solo) and I heard friday is probly my best bet, any others?!

Did you check out Shadowrift that I mentioned before? I think that's going to be right up your alley. Deck-building, very thematic, and works great solo if you control two hands. And one of the enemy decks you can play against includes zombies as a special monster (though I wouldn't consider it a "zombie game," by any means).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well ya I see what you mean. It's not like your Buying cards into your hand, more like completing tasks and getting rid of the junk cards & hoping you do that fast enough to overcome the challenges.
Still, it got amazing reviews, and the theme is...different, so i'd still like to get ahold of it me thinks.

Looking forward to Level 7 [Escape] cause it shows a 1player tag on it, not sure how it's going to be though as I haven't heard much about it.

,Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Goofiestbee wrote:

Did you check out Shadowrift that I mentioned before? I think that's going to be right up your alley. Deck-building, very thematic, and works great solo if you control two hands. And one of the enemy decks you can play against includes zombies as a special monster (though I wouldn't consider it a "zombie game," by any means).

Playing 2 hands at a time seems kindof wonky...no? Wouldn't that be like playing yourself in Chess? Could you elaborate a little more on how it plays solo?
Thanks
,Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Spruth
United States
Lakeside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say give Thunderstone a try it is an excellent deck builder and you can try it free on face book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murderinc_68 wrote:
I would say give Thunderstone a try it is an excellent deck builder and you can try it free on face book.

Is there solo play in the real game as well? or a pretty good variant?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some other possible options include Mage Knight, though the deck-building option is a small aspect of the bigger whole, and the Star Trek DBG, which has some co-op options (which usually means you can solo it).

There's also the upcoming Legendary and Midnight Men, both cooperative superhero themed deck-building games that look great but won't be out for a while. For now, Shadowrift is probably still your best bet.

Goofiestbee wrote:
Playing 2 hands at a time seems kindof wonky...no? Wouldn't that be like playing yourself in Chess? Could you elaborate a little more on how it plays solo?

No, you're not playing against yourself... It's a fully cooperative game. So you're just controlling two hands and working them as if two people were playing together. It works great. It's probably possible to just play one hand and adjust the monster power accordingly (the game is balanced per number of players by adding one monster token per player each turn, which affects the number of monsters that come out), but I think there's a certain dynamic quality to having two different "players" working together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Spruth
United States
Lakeside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the game is great for solo. I really think of it as a solo game that gives you the option to add more players if you want. I know face book is annoying but if you try the game on there it has a tutorial to teach you the game. The other great thing about Thunderstone is that you can get an expansion to add new cards and make the game and strategy different for each game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Some other possible options include Mage Knight, though the deck-building option is a small aspect of the bigger whole, and the Star Trek DBG, which has some co-op options (which usually means you can solo it).

There's also the upcoming Legendary and Midnight Men, both cooperative superhero themed deck-building games that look great but won't be out for a while. For now, Shadowrift is probably still your best bet.

Goofiestbee wrote:

No, you're not playing against yourself... It's a fully cooperative game. So you're just controlling two hands and working them as if two people were playing together. It works great. It's probably possible to just play one hand and adjust the monster power accordingly (the game is balanced per number of players by adding one monster token per player each turn, which affects the number of monsters that come out), but I think there's a certain dynamic quality to having two different "players" working together.

Very cool! & lots of nice suggestions!
Shadowrift sounds very fun actually, & im now also thinking of picking this up as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murderinc_68 wrote:
Yes the game is great for solo. I really think of it as a solo game that gives you the option to add more players if you want. I know face book is annoying but if you try the game on there it has a tutorial to teach you the game. The other great thing about Thunderstone is that you can get an expansion to add new cards and make the game and strategy different for each game.

Trying it out now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like Friday, check out:

Onirim
Urbion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:

Well, you can't say "solo" and "zombie" without someone mentioning Zombie in my Pocket. The print-and-play is a fine solo game, but the commercial version can support more players and is pretty fun. I never tried the print-and-play, but I have the commercial version (Zombie in my Pocket).

Yes, one has to mention Zombie in my Pocket because it is one of the worst solo games I know. Once you know what you have to do (this may take 2-10 games) it is impossible to loose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
A zombie themed game made for solo, Zed Deck. Not a deck building game though.

Damien
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Speers
United States
Liberty Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombicide is a cooperative Zombie game that can be played 1 player. It has some great minis and assorted goober.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
What!? I finally get my very own video game, but it's a mobile game?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I haven't played Resident Evil Deck Building Game solo, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. The "Story" mode of the game is basically pitting you against all the enemies (Infected) in the Mansion deck. If you play on the "Professional" difficulty listed in the rulebook, you can give yourself a pretty challenging game. If you play partner mode (introduced in the Resident Evil Deck Building Game: Alliance stand alone expansion), you can basically give yourself 1 life per character and consider it a game over if both characters die.

There is also a Mercenaries mode in the rules where you get points based on combos with defeating enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.