Subject: Shit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yes Yes
Ireland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I dropped my Monopoly board in the bath with a girl the other day. I was pissed at the time, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see, well the only things we need to know are:

were you drunk before you decided to play the game?
were you drunk because the game drove you to it?
were you drunk because you wanted to get the girl drunk too, and into your bath?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes Yes
Ireland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Admiral Fisher wrote:
I see, well the only things we need to know are:

were you drunk before you decided to play the game?
were you drunk because the game drove you to it?
were you drunk because you wanted to get the girl drunk too, and into your bath?

Yes
Yes, I got more drunk.
No, the girl was already in my bath and sober.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DragonForceA1 wrote:
I dropped my Monopoly board in the bath with a girl the other day. I was pissed at the time, sorry.

There's something fishy about all this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
''...happens!'' surprise had to 'be' SAID!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes Yes
Ireland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
DWTripp wrote:
DragonForceA1 wrote:

There's something fishy about all this.

Well of course there is, this doesn't happen every day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hayden Scott
Australia
Glen Iris
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes Yes
Ireland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hayden wrote:
Fish.

I couldn't agree more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I got more drunk.

Well, it's not surprising, since you do live in Ireland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Acosta
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you doing with Monopoly if you have a girl in the bath?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for making BGG that much more of a non-family place to even have open in my home anymore... say whatever you want in a thread, but do you mind keeping the profanity out of the message subject that shows up nice and bright on the home page? is it asking too much? Or if you must prove your "all growed up" with your profanity and a penthouse forum story of a chick in the tub please have the common decency to check the "don't display on the home page" box. Take it to chit chat... This is a site about games afterall...

oh yea, go to any mass market store and pick up a shiny new monopoly board to play with in the tub. get one of those new giant ziploc bags and protect it. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I thought this thread was about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Beeler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Pretty soon, you've been around long enough that you're old.
badge
Why am I the only one who has that dream?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. God forbid a kid sees the word 'shit'. Might warp its fragile little mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dropping Monopoly in a tub that has a girl in it. What a way to ruin a perfectly good tub full of girl.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the game I would have chosen to play with her:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artaxerxes wrote:
Quote:
I got more drunk.

Well, it's not surprising, since you do live in Ireland.

Sure blame the drunken rioting irish on the drunken irish. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artaxerxes wrote:
This is the game I would have chosen to play with her:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or perhaps:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't this use to be under the Recent tab on the front page. Did it just get moved to the OT SHIT SHAT section or am I confused?

RE: Dropping Monopoly in a tub with a girl. Didn't I read somewhere that a gamer used to store his condoms in Air Assault on Crete? Is this thread and that one related in any way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
United States
glennallen
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okay, even though I believe you were most likely trying to play a solo game of monopoly during your bubble bath, if you really had a girl in the bath with you here is a game to play: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/9893

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nalani Mixon
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonForceA1 wrote:

I'm not sure what upsets me more, the fact that you would admit that you were playing Monopoly while nekkid in the tub with a girl, or the fact that you would be nekkid in a tub with a girl willing to play Monopoly.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dogberry wrote:
Yeah. God forbid a kid sees the word 'shit'. Might warp its fragile little mind.

Yeah. And man am I glad I have so far been able to keep them from hearing Sting with or without the Police! I shudder to think what scarring THAT might have caused to their little minds and ears..

Now, before you get all offended by ME sniping at your choice of life decisions let me explain a few things. First the simple one. The above was a joke.

The second, and serious one, goes like this: I have 2 children. both just turned 7 and 9. I have a high demand job. 18+ hours a day is the norm. I value my time with my children. And I do my best to raise them to be respectful of others. With the limited time I have available to spend with my children, I could go the easy lazy way and sit in front of the tv or a game console all the time. I won't do that. They are involved in soccer, girl scouts, dance class, and our church, and we do all of them with them.
We stay involved in our children's lives. always. I have always played games as a way to release my mind from the stresses and worries of my day.

So, now to why the use of the word 'shit' as a total and complete subject line (not even in a sentence) on the home page aggravates me. Another activity my girls and I enjoy on the weekends is thrift store/flea market/yard saleing for boardgames. We treat it like an adventure and one of the gems of the treasure is if we can find one not in the database or has no pictures.

So there we were, coming home after a nice afternoon browsing through musty dusty cobwebby shelves and garages with our latest pile of 'treasures'. The very first thing we always do is head for the pc, and fire up the geek. and begin to do searches for the ones that might not exist yet. I'm sitting there with a child on each side of me typing into the search box. Before I could type in the name of a game, my 7yo points at the screen and asks, "what does sheet mean?" my 9yo says "that's not sheet it's spelled shit". nice. I look up at what my little one is pointing at, and there it is. So now, what was a fun family ritual has now become a solo thing until I can "police" the home page. and I got to spend a bit of time explaining to my children what the word is, why it's not used in mixed company of people you don't even know, because it is rude and offensive to do so.

I didn't demand a banning of all profanity from the geek. I myself don't really mind it in the threads and forums and OT subjects. It's a part of adult life. but I feel on the entry page of a site about boardgames, where you can look up things like monopoly or chutes and ladders is innapropriate. Yet, I understand my opinion against things that others feel it is their right to shove in the face of my children may be a minority opinion now-a-days, but I will voice it anyway. Keep it where it's appropriate. That's all I ask.

Marc

sorry for the long rant. I couldn't figure out how to edit it down without breaking the message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.