Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Lewandowski
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had a great session with this scenario yesterday evening. This is the first game I have played with the ARVN and found them to be quite challenging. Those low morales make cover and good terrain essential (once shaken in the open, they're nearly impossible to get back in good order).

I also found that the top story of the stone building was a perfect spotting location for a leader to direct 60mm mortar almost anywhere on the map.

And I moronically (is that a word?) dismounted my US advisor in range of an RPD causing him to go shaken early, and I had a heck of a time rallying him, by the time he was back in the fight, I really didn't get to use him to his potential.

We had a couple of brutal melees in the heavy jungle on the west side of the map, much death on both sides.

The highlight of the game though was an ARVN hero showing up (yes I rolled 2 ones in a row!).

The score ended up ARVN - 18 to VC 21. Very close, the difference bascially made due to the VC ability to run through the jungle! ARVN didn't even get close to the stone building, and while the jungle was nearly cleared out, there were still 2 good order squads waiting in the building at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.