Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santigrey Giacalone
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
So I am in the middle of writing the most epic of session reviews, but each time I want to make a nifty manuver, such as begin my paragraphs with your typical "5 spaces/tab", to comfort my word doc side, I am at a loss.

Is it possible for us geeks to have a Pinned Thread with, if not EVERY possible, for lack of better words, "manuver", legend?

I assure you I intend to use the hell out of this thread and I'm sure there are other geeks out there who are out of the know in terms of "html?" posting?

"Look at this newb here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there are so many pinned tabs in HOWTOBGG and New User Questions...!

To answer your immediate question, you use [c] [/c] with as many spaces as you wish. C is a button to the right of "Insert Geek Link". It stands for Code, and makes any text in it fixed width, so it can be used to make tables and simple diagrams. Last, if you ever see something formatted in a way you like, quote the message and you'll see the code.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santigrey Giacalone
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Well, there are so many pinned tabs in HOWTOBGG and New User Questions...!

To answer your immediate question, you use [c] [/c] with as many spaces as you wish. C is a button to the right of "Insert Geek Link". It stands for Code, and makes any text in it fixed width, so it can be used to make tables and simple diagrams. Last, if you ever see something formatted in a way you like, quote the message and you'll see the code.

Indeed, I figured out the quote trick to get the URL going, I figured at the very least an explanation thread would be more than useful for those who wish to dabble in Session/Reviews, or even posts.

Whats one more pin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a fan of pinned forum threads. If you find some nifty trick for formatting a forum post then I think it would be better to add it to the wiki which organizes things much better.

See:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Forum_Formatting#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santigrey Giacalone
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
I'm not a fan of pinned forum threads. If you find some nifty trick for formatting a forum post then I think it would be better to add it to the wiki which organizes things much better.

See:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Forum_Formatting#

This is the gem I was looking for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:

Problem is:
Quote:
Wiki search temporarily disabled
and has been for a very long time.

Also, in a forum thread you can demonstrate the code, and the user can quote the message to see the actual code and compare it to the effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santigrey Giacalone
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
herace wrote:

Problem is:
Quote:
Wiki search temporarily disabled
and has been for a very long time.

Also, in a forum thread you can demonstrate the code, and the user can quote the message to see the actual code and compare it to the effect.

I dont understand...the link and the wiki formatting link both give me more than enough information to assist me with posts. Disabled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
As in, users can't search the wiki themselves as the search function does not work. So you needed good old Tall Walt to give you the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santigrey Giacalone
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
As in, users can't search the wiki themselves as the search function does not work. So you needed good old Tall Walt to give you the link.

Ahhh, see thats exactly my point. Either pin the link or enable it again for the future geeks who may go nutz looking for this info. Anywho, thanks for the help Monkeyhandz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
All Tall Walt.

Here are my favourite how to guides:
Every-Gamer BGG Guides
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also:
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.