Glory to Rome» Forums » General

Subject: So I got black box and got extra cards with it - what is this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmitry Volevodz
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I have bought Glory to rome black box edition on B&B and got an extra pack of cards separately. They come in shrink wrap and I have not yet opened them. What are they? Some fix? But there are too many for misprints. Maybe some promo cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone else's deck? Probably a customer in Italy or Bangladesh. One of those who paid for the game far in advance and so of course they haven't gotten theirs yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Volevodz
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Someone else's deck? Probably a customer in Italy or Bangladesh. One of those who paid for the game far in advance and so of course they haven't gotten theirs yet.

I doubt that, it was totally separately, just strapped to a box. Maybe that is a geek expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its the geek expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Probably a customer in Italy

Since there is a grand total of 4 customers in Italy, I really hope you are wrong, or it will surely be my copy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Voley wrote:
So I have bought Glory to rome black box edition on B&B and got an extra pack of cards separately. They come in shrink wrap and I have not yet opened them. What are they? Some fix? But there are too many for misprints. Maybe some promo cards?

It's Glory to Rome: The Geek Expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geek expansion (note the hollow cirlces at the top right of each card)

As opposed to Imperium/Republic edition cards that are part of the base game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received those cards as well with my Kickstarter version of GtR, but they are in the "old style" artwork - was I *also* supposed to get the versions with the "new style" art?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ayeegit wrote:
I received those cards as well with my Kickstarter version of GtR, but they are in the "old style" artwork - was I *also* supposed to get the versions with the "new style" art?

That was up to you. Both versions of the Geek Expansion were among the bonus/promo options to choose from in your Kickstarter survey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vantageGT wrote:

That was up to you. Both versions of the Geek Expansion were among the bonus/promo options to choose from in your Kickstarter survey.

Ahh right - but looking at my Pick List, it shows I *should* have received the Black Box promo cards, not the I.V. versions - guess I'll contact Cambridge. Thanks for the reminder!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these cards just for kick starter supporters or should all black boxes come with them?

I bought from CSI and my game came with a rules insert for the geek expansion but no geek expansion.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KlydeFrog wrote:
Are these cards just for kick starter supporters or should all black boxes come with them?

I bought from CSI and my game came with a rules insert for the geek expansion but no geek expansion.

Thanks
ANother thread answered this, but too lazy to link now...

Word is they put it in there to simplify packing (iow... packers won't need to check if the box was to include the exp... just put it in and go).

Ks folk had options to get the exp, but someone mentioned the exp being available on CSI (perhaps other FLGS).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.