mbmbmbmbmb
October Osaka Game Day

Date: Sunday, October 7th
Time: 9:30am to 9:30pm
Place: Naniwa-kumin Center
Map: Directions can be found here.
Participation fees: 500yen
Room capacity: 20 people

As usual the Osaka games day will be on the first Sunday of the month again in October. As it is the month of ghosts and ghouls the theme is rather easy to pick...

Horror and supernatural themed games

So dust off the stakes and the capes, grab a shovel or a cricket bat, invest in some good exorcism equipment and head on down!

(As always if the theme does not grab you just bring any game along, someone will play with you I am sure!)

Geeklist
Games for October Osaka games day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can most probably count me in for the day, but out for the theme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Price
Japan
Nishinomiya-shi
Hyogo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll be there! I'll have to go through my collection to see what I can bring though, nothing is jumping immediately to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ibsen
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, and don't worry about the theme too much, just a suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be able to go. Wedding anniversary is the next day, though. Shouldn't be a problem unless the wife really want's to go all out! I'll ask her when she gets back.

If we can get a tally of who's going to be there, maybe we want to play a Killer game?! It's almost on target with the theme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Junko and I will be there. The only game we have in-theme is Last Night on Earth and it is something of a time sink. Since there are several games on the Geeklist that I want to try, I think I will be leaving it at home.

But I will bring my copy of Android:Netrunner. I just hope it arrives in time....I need to train Junko up so she can destroy Todd too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The announcement for the Osaka Game Day is up on the blog. Check it out.

http://jiggkansai.blogspot.jp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea for the Blog! I really liked the spotlight on Giants you did. I think that should definitely be a regular feature. And showing some of the games that are going to be making an appearance on Game Day is a cool idea. Hell...I might even start reading our blog page.
: )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I'm going to do a game highlight for each game day I attend. It seems to drive up the number of readers as well. We're got people from all over the world reading the blog occasionally. The Twilight Imperium race guide still regularly gets about 5-7 hits a day from non-Japan locations.

Josh, I take it as a big complement that you enjoyed the Giants spotlight. I know you're not a big Euro fan. Who knows, I might get you interested in a few Euros. Don't worry, I'll avoid the driest ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh IS on the way down to abstracts. I'm looking forward to our play of Ultimate GIPF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captncavern wrote:
Josh IS on the way down to abstracts. I'm looking forward to our play of Ultimate GIPF.

If that's multiplayer, I'm in as well. I can't wait to see Josh enjoying abstracts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's only two-player, but I don't mind playing it twice.

It's a game where you have to stop playing when you try to use some of your pieces, play and win another game in the series to be allowed the intended move, and go back to the first game once this is over.

I'm quite sure it can last a full day in some cases

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll let Josh go first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All day?!?

Ummm...........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Griffon
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, just like Twilight Imperium, isn't that great?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know me...I just love games that take all day to play.

gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Seale
msg tools
I was wondering if anyone has any floor space that I could use as my usual friend in Osaka has company this weekend. I would like to make it out and play for as long as possible since this is the few times that the game day is followed by a holiday. Else I'll just have to leave really early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan&Linda Thomas
Japan
Moriguchi-shi
Osaka-fu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We can probably squeeze you in if nobody else can, we have another guest over from New Zealand but she's joining the game day too. We have a lot of cats btw just so you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Seale
msg tools
@Ryan&Linda: Thanks for the offer. Cats don't bother me if they're not trying to sleep on or with me. If there are no other offers, would I need to bring a sleeping bag or anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan&Linda Thomas
Japan
Moriguchi-shi
Osaka-fu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have quite a big place so no worries. We have a big sofa and plenty of spare bedding, we've had up to 5 or 6 stay with us when we first started running the convention.

We're planning on hanging out with our friend so we won't be about much on Monday but you'll get breakfast and directions to the station at the least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Seale
msg tools
Thanks! That is more than I would need or expected. See you tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although my time was limited to just a few hours, I had a great time at the Osaka Game Day yesterday! Thanks to Keith and all other organizers.

I got two games of The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game in: In the first, the daring heroes of Middle Earth (controlled by Ryan and I) made it all the way to the final stage of Massing at Osgiliath, despite a rather bleak start which almost had us give up. Instead, our weary adventurers made it across the Anduin on the way back to Minas Tirith, only to have the Witch King arrive and doom us all.

The second game went much better, with John joining us as we took on the Trolls at Carrock. Although it got a little scary at the end with close to 10 locations in the staging area, we were able to pick off the trolls one by one and claim victory!

Ryan and I were also able to get in a quick 75-point game of Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game, and although Darth and his squadron of TIEs were able to destroy Wedge Antilles and bring my lone Y-Wing to the brink of destruction, in the end Luke Skywalker made short work of the evil imperials.

I'm already looking forward to our next round of games in October!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ibsen
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to everyone who made it out to the games day on Sunday. We had a full room (very full at some points!) and several new faces. I think we had 25 people in total but I may have missed a couple. Hope to see many of you back again next month.

Games played included

Netrunner
Lord of the rings lcg
Zombie town
Grimoire
King of Tokyo
Saboteur
Betrayal at house on the hill
Quarriors
Eminent domain
X-wing miniatures game
Pirate dice
Intrigo
Mansions of madness
Zombie plague
BSG
Dracula
Castle Ravenloft
Ghost stories
Animal shuffle
Vermin (for now)
Princes of Florence
Eaten by zombies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.