Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a two week hiatus while I attended the Gulf Games get-together in Chattanooga, Tennessee (which was simply FABULOUS ... more on this in a subsequent article), we were back at the gaming table down here in the bayou. Unfortunately, the turnout was pitifully small as only six gamers were in attendance. Two of our gamers were in flight to Belgium to tour the Waterloo battlefield, one was in a seminar and yet another was forced to work late. Several were just plain missing in action.

ROLL CALL: Willerd Fann, Bill Sanders, Jon Comeaux, Eric Alleman, Lenny Leo, Greg Schloesser

While waiting for Eric Alleman to return with some of the missing components for Blue Max, Lenny Leo and I spent the time in a mindless game of Elchfest.

Elchfest is one of the latest releases in the Kosmos line of 2-player games. The game capitalizes on the 'flick-it' craze begun by Carabande, as players must flick little round disks into proper positions so they can move their moose (yes, moose) from one side of the river to the other. Well, OK ... there's no actual river, but the table top serves as the liquid obstacle.

Not much here, fellas, just a completely mindless exercise in flicking the disks into position and trying to hamper the plans of your opponent. Still, it is fun, in a mindless, silly sort of way.

Lenny proved to be a pest throughout the match, constantly flicking the disk(s) I was planning on using so that I would have more difficult shots. In the games waning stages, I had to make one critical flick in order to get my moose to safety or Lenny would surely win on his next turn. Fortunately, my flick was perfect and I reached the shore before Lenny, capturing the victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.