Ogre» Forums » News

Subject: Meet Tal, Ogre Line Editor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, I'm Tal, the Ogre Line Editor (read: dogsbody, aide-de-camp, and general lackey for all things Ogre).

I'm helping out in the wake of the hugely successful Kickstarter campaign earlier this year -- the position literally exists because of your support! Some of you may also know me as one of the organizers of the $3K Mercenary Counter Sheets.

It's my job to serve all you Ogre fans out there as best as I can. Right now, that means helping to get Ogre Designer's Edition to print, and into the hands of supporters!

In the past month or two I've assisted Steve with unit stats (like the Doppelsoldner, and the special variant Missile GEV on one of the $4.5K sponsor sheets), proofed over a thousand counters, checked the Pocket Ogre rulebook, run competitions at conventions, become a moderator for the Ogre boards, and helped with a dozen other things. I'm loving every minute of it!

I enjoy all kinds of games, but my special loves are Wargames and Thematic Games.

Guess what? Ogre -- along with other scifi games like Battletech -- is to me the perfect blend of the two. I love the rich and imaginative background universes which provide the backdrop for the action!

-- Tal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Meet Daniel, Ogre Line Editor
also from the daily Illuminator. It's as if Daniel is stalking me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slev wrote:
also from the daily Illuminator. It's as if Daniel is stalking me...

Victoria Park is such a nice neighbourhood... looking at it through my field glasses right now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's so good to have an Ogre line editor.

From your convention session reports, it sure sounds like you are a good fit for the job. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you can accomplish next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeffr0 wrote:
It's so good to have an Ogre line editor.

From your convention session reports, it sure sounds like you are a good fit for the job. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you can accomplish next year!

Thanks for the kind words, Jeff.

It's wonderful to have the chance to help do Ogre stuff for folks like you.

Yes, next year will be a new challenge, as we move on to think about Ogre Miniatures Rules 2nd Edition, the Miniatures themselves, and the promised expansion for Designer's Edition, among other things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talorien wrote:
Yes, next year will be a new challenge, as we move on to think about Ogre Miniatures Rules 2nd Edition, the Miniatures themselves, and the promised expansion for Designer's Edition, among other things.
You tease, you.

Lets just get the bog box out the door first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any updates on progress and more specifically, the projected delivery? Last I heard was by holiday break and then not likely for 2012.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MillertimeRC wrote:
Are there any updates on progress and more specifically, the projected delivery? Last I heard was by holiday break and then not likely for 2012.

Thanks for your interest, Chris.

We should have some more info on dates in a little while, after it has been sent to print. It's all hands to the pumps right now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.