Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Bernard
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that an enchantment can be revealed after any step during an attack, but is there any way to play one of your prepared spells during an attack as a reaction?

For example, if someone declares that they are attacking me with a fireball from one zone away, is there any possible way that I would be able to cast a wall spell between the two zones in order to block the fireball?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Only a Block enchantment (already bound to your Mage/creature) would allow you to avoid the fireball. If it was an Instant or Enchantment spell being cast on you, then Nullify would be the one to use. These are currently the only 2 reactive spells in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Corbin
United States
Tallahassee
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe so, Enchantments seem to be the only spells that can be utilized outside of your normal action phase; after any step in the attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are more reaction type spells but they all have to be pre cast enchantments. block, nullify, reverse attack, reverse magic, and jinx all work as reaction type spells. as well as divine intervention, teleport trap and hellfire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.