Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This one has me intrigued. Quarriors was a game that looked interesting enough that I have wanted to give it a try, but the theme just seemed so bland. A licensed version of the game with the Lord of the Rings movie might just be the ticket to get me to make a purchase.

I will have to learn more about the changes being made, it looks like a co-op where the players represent the fellowship and battle Sauron’s armies. But, I am not sure how in the world Sauron’s armies will be played onto the table to be attacked… and will the One Ring be a card to collect?

I guess I just have too many questions at this stage of the game to make it a sure buy from me, but I know I will be following it until I know more about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sauron's army are dice that are controlled 'by the game'.

The One Ring is more like an ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sayburr wrote:
I guess I just have too many questions at this stage of the game to make it a sure buy from me, but I know I will be following it until I know more about it.
The game was just announced yesterday so I'm not too surprised there is not a lot of information out there quite yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

So it's feasible the game can be played solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Armydillo978 wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

It is.

I never tried it as such and you might have to muck around a bit, but I guess so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kk. Thanks.

I'll wait for some brave soul to let us know for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be a must buy for me. I love quarriors and i love lotr lcg co op card game. More dice the merrier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emmatig wrote:
More dice the merrier!

You mean Merriadoc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Geosphere wrote:
Armydillo978 wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

It is.

I never tried it as such and you might have to muck around a bit, but I guess so.

They may want to put in a little effort to make it solo out of the box before they release it. The solo market is large enough to warrant the extra brain cells towards it.

That said, I'm really looking forward to it. There are not enough co-op games out there right now, and more are always welcomed. Absolutely love Quarriors, so this has me really excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm intrigued about the game as I love Quarriors and I love LotR, however I am very put off with what I've seen so far. Mainly I'm annoyed at the prospect that I will have 3 "Aragorn"s in my dice bag, along with several Merry and Pippins, a couple Legolas and Gimlis, and various copies of main characters. That is wierd. Oh look I summoned 3 Aragorns and they beat a cave troll. Takes you out of the theme.

But maybe I'll just have to wait and see when more info comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
gamjuven wrote:
Mainly I'm annoyed at the prospect that I will have 3 "Aragorn"s in my dice bag, along with several Merry and Pippins, a couple Legolas and Gimlis, and various copies of main characters. That is wierd. Oh look I summoned 3 Aragorns and they beat a cave troll. Takes you out of the theme.

I agree with this. When I was playing the demo I was thinking the same thing at the start about it being weird to have multiples of the heroes. But once we were playing I was mostly thinking of them as rings and pans and such rather than Frodos and Sams. Because the characters are so abstracted as dice it doesn't feel as weird in practice as I thought it would. But yeah, it's there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually each die is a unique instance of a creature. You might have 3 goblin dice but each die represents 1 goblin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, but that is how Quarriors is "fluffed".
I would also imagine roll several dice of a said character to rely (this turn) more on him than on any other (available).
There you go sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.