Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was describing the X-Wing Core Set rules to my daughter, and I spun off into a long tangent about this game (and the X-Wing/TIE Fighter version), and she asked me, "Do they have a version for iPad?"

I couldn't find anything, but man this would be very cool on the iPad. You could even animate each of the frames (so the propellers are spinning, the clouds are moving, bullets are ripping through the air, etc.)

I would even love to see the style be similar to the black and white drawings, but I imagine full color would sell better.

Sadly, I'm in no way equipped to even think about doing this. So, someone get on it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want quick and dirty 2D maneuvering, I suggest this game instead: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/steambirds/id400848046?uo=4&m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steambirds is pretty good.

Did you know that there already is a version of Ace of Aces under development? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/651033/creating-a-pc-ver...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Maier
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What would be even awesomer is if they set if up to look like the book. Maybe not having to turn all the pages, but adding some of that in would neat. A big part of the fun of the original was the tension about what the resulting page would show.

But iOS would make the multiplayer (more than 2) version a lot more workable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
permagoof wrote:
What would be even awesomer is if they set if up to look like the book. Maybe not having to turn all the pages, but adding some of that in would neat. A big part of the fun of the original was the tension about what the resulting page would show.

But iOS would make the multiplayer (more than 2) version a lot more workable.
Which is what the computer version does, and in color to boot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Sid Meiers Ace Patrol. It uses the same hex system that underlies Aces, but unfortunately (I feel) it is turn-based rather than simultaneous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And since it, sadly, appears that the game I referenced is no longer being developed this may be it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.