Subject: Claiming Overflow Passengers & Upkeep: rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) “To claim a passenger tile from the overflow, you ONLY need to have an airport tile at the passenger’s desired destination”. I suppose you nevertheless need an aeroplane with an adequate capacity?

2) Upkeep and unused capacity: I am slightly confused by the wording: “…place excess passenger tiles on the card to indicate much capacity remains”, and would appreciate any confirmation:
Do we place a number of previously used passenger tiles (facedown?) only to memorize how many remaining passengers may be transported in the upcoming era?

3) A flipped aeroplane can use its remaining capacity in any future era (not necessarily the upcoming one), right?

4)Used or still unused at the end of the next era, it has no effect on your profit, right?

Thank you for your help…
Thierry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thierry Aradan wrote:
1) “To claim a passenger tile from the overflow, you ONLY need to have an airport tile at the passenger’s desired destination”. I suppose you nevertheless need an aeroplane with an adequate capacity?

Correct.

Thierry Aradan wrote:

2) Upkeep and unused capacity: I am slightly confused by the wording: “…place excess passenger tiles on the card to indicate much capacity remains”, and would appreciate any confirmation:
Do we place a number of previously used passenger tiles (facedown?) only to memorize how many remaining passengers may be transported in the upcoming era?

This confused me too!! The "excess passenger tiles" are the tiny ones with numbers on them. They look like they have small B&W photos. You take whatever unfilled space you had on a given airplane, and put that amount of "excess passengers" on the plane to be used in later rounds. If you don't use them, they do NOT count against you when calculating profit though.

You can even not use capacity on purpose if you get behind in the running for largest profit, and save those planes for their extra capacity in later rounds.

Thierry Aradan wrote:

3) A flipped aeroplane can use its remaining capacity in any future era (not necessarily the upcoming one), right?

Correct.

Thierry Aradan wrote:

4)Used or still unused at the end of the next era, it has no effect on your profit, right?

Correct. See above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Applewhite
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thierry Aradan wrote:

Thank you for your help…
Thierry

1) Yes. You need both, the airport destination and the capacity.

2) I too had trouble with this until I looked at everything again. Notice on the first page of the rule book, the contents, there are 40 Excess Passanger Tiles numbered 1, 2 and 3. These are the tiles they are talking about. So, say you turn the 1st plane over during upkeep and had not used the passanger capacity for that airplane. You would place the "1" Excess Passanger Tile on it. This I believe is because of what Joel said in a comment or on his video review. Because you have already counted the capactity (front side of the airplane) once for the "Profit" scoring aspect of the game during the 1st Era, you would not count it (the capacity) again during the next era scoring, but you would count the "excess" tile towards total profit.

3) Yes.

4) Not negatively no.

Hope this easy to understand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything above appears to be in order. Thank you, hive mind!

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys,

And sorry. I completely missed those special tiny tiles as I was studying the on-line rules without the components. (supposed to arrive today for my thursday session)

I was also intrigued by the possibility to purposely save (and/or create) capacity for a later era.

Thierry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.