Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Westerhausen
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you roll the 10 sided dice for your weapons to attack, I've been using a roll of 0 as a 10. I don't think this is correct because I just noticed the GBU-16 has an attack number of 0 which can't mean 10,correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the "0" on the die is a 10, it says so on page 3.

The 0 on the GBU-10 is actually a zero. That means it hits. It also means an auto-hit if there's a -1 to the die roll for some reason. If there's a -2 to the die roll it will hit on 1, etc. So it's the pre-modification to-hit number.

It sounds like you're doing everything right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You were playing correctly! The GBU-10's "0" just means that it's likely to hit EVEN IF there are negative modifiers to the roll, such as when attacking a tank or a building. If there are no negative modifiers, than it hits automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
I'm not sure if a modified die roll value can go below 0. Eg. I have a modifier value of -3 and I rolled a 1. Would that give me a -2 or 0? If 0, it would be an auto hit regardless if it's a +/- value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
I'm not sure if a modified die roll value can go below 0. Eg. I have a modifier value of -3 and I rolled a 1. Would that give me a -2 or 0? If 0, it would be an auto hit regardless if it's a +/- value.

Die roll values can go below zero. In your example the modified roll would be -2,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eren Koyunoglu
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also looking for this. Glad I found it. However I am using 0 to be a miss instead of a 10. This makes more sense to me. For example an agm 65 maverick however a good weapon it is can miss a target in a real situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockhopper01 wrote:
ErenKoyunoglu wrote:
I was also looking for this. Glad I found it. However I am using 0 to be a miss instead of a 10. This makes more sense to me. For example an agm 65 maverick however a good weapon it is can miss a target in a real situation.

Do you think it's possible that the outstanding to-hit numbers that smart weapons have are already balanced by some other mechanism in the game?

That's exactly what happens. It's all about pilot stress and negative to hit modifiers from certain units and buildings.

The game is fine as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.