Popular Tags: [View All]
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about the TtC conversion charts.

The SE5 example at the end of 10.14 says the SE5 is at +5 Medium. It has a Maximum TtC of 7 for the Medium band. But to get to 14,250ft., the column label is TtC HIGH 7.

Why are the TtC HIGH Columns in the Medium table? The DECK table has LOW columns, etc.

Is that a misprint? Are all the charts misprinted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The charts were condensed to fit them onto just a few pages. The TtC header is the climb rate to get to that next band so SE5 with a ADC time to climb rating of 7M will take 7 game turns of climbing to get to high band 16000ft.

If I could have spelled out the header TtC High 7. "Time to climb rate from medium to high 7 turns" would be the long title. I condensed it down to what you see to fit all the data on less pages. It isn't TtC Med 7 as you are climbing to high but in hindsight it probably would be less confusing if I had just labeled it TtC 7 and you knew you were climbing from medium to high. At one point we didn't have the letter after the TtC rate but adding it helped keep it straight when quickly looking at ADC so the mismatch from ADC value of 7M to TtC header of TtC High 7 is a bit confusing at first glance. I will add this question to the FAQ to help others who may be in same boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I got it now. I think it was the difference from the ADC labeling that was throwing me. If I saw the charts first I probably would have thought the ADC was wrong!

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.