Cory C
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
badge
100% FUN
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When placing multiple enemy units, do you place new friendly PDF's as each enemy unit goes down or do you wait until all units are placed and then figure out the PDF's? It seems the former but i'd like to clarify.

I suppose the same question applies to enemy unit's placing PDF's in reaction to friendly moves (although I can't see how they wouldn't have a PDF).

2) Any VOF counter counts as a VOF for purposes of infiltration correct? ie. you can infiltrate to or from a mine counter?

3) Will an enemy VOF placed on a card also containing a potential contact remove that contact since it's along the PDF? Unless I'm doing the counter attack wrong it is possible to end up with 2 PC's on the same card ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CoryC wrote:
1) When placing multiple enemy units, do you place new friendly PDF's as each enemy unit goes down or do you wait until all units are placed and then figure out the PDF's? It seems the former but i'd like to clarify.

As you go, which is why they are resolved randomly. The resolution is consolidation of activity that occurred over time , not simultaneously, but often overlapping.

Quote:

I suppose the same question applies to enemy unit's placing PDF's in reaction to friendly moves (although I can't see how they wouldn't have a PDF).

Yes

Quote:

2) Any VOF counter counts as a VOF for purposes of infiltration correct? ie. you can infiltrate to or from a mine counter?

Yes

Quote:

3) Will an enemy VOF placed on a card also containing a potential contact remove that contact since it's along the PDF? Unless I'm doing the counter attack wrong it is possible to end up with 2 PC's on the same card ...

Yes, if you have a situation with two PCs, consolidate to one at the higher value (if different)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Unengaged units will open fire at the nearest card containing a spotted enemy. If more than one card is the same distance, randomly choose between the two.

Update PDFs and VOFs between each PC resolution. If more than one enemy spawns from a single PC marker, place them both then resolve PDFs and VOF. While it's not written down bluntly in the rules, I follow this process due to what things you randomize vs. the things you don't randomize.

For example, you must randomize the order in which like lettered PC markers are resolved. This is because their resolution affects friendly unit response, current contact level, and potential placement locations for subsequent contact resolutions. However, when placing enemy units on more than one card, you don't randomize which one to do first (unless I've totally missed this somewhere), leading me to assume they 'pop up' at the same time. Otherwise it'd give you an advantage to be able to choose which one to place first.

Quote:

Yes. Even though a mine counter isn't the same as active fire, your troops know that danger is present and they're doing their best to avoid it.

Quote:

It won't remove it, as only intervening PC markers along the line of fire are removed. That means any PC markers on cards in between the VOFs origin card and destination card (9.2.2).

Two PCs can show up on the same card due to a counter attack (9.1.5). When resolving, remove the lowest letter (A is highest). So if you have a B and C, drop the C and resolve the B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benhull wrote:
As you go, which is why they are resolved randomly. The resolution is consolidation of activity that occurred over time , not simultaneously, but often overlapping.

Is this true for multiple units from the same PC marker? Should I be randomizing which to do first, applying VOF/PDF, or going from left to right then applying VOF/PDF?

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, if you have a situation with two PCs, consolidate to one at the higher value (if different)

Is that Yes for the first part of the question too, about the PC marker being removed even though it's not on an intervening card, but on the destination card?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.