Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read Section 13 of the rules and the way I understand it is as follows:
If a German unit or stack occupies an allied entry hex, then no allied unit can enter the map in any entry hex in that sector until all blocking positions for that sector have at least six allied factors and the units in at least one of those blocking positions has to dislodge the occupying German units by attacking them and forcing retreat or elimination.

Is this correct ? If so, pretty harsh on the Allies !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Budden
Australia
Mayfield West
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blocking positions
radsailor wrote:
I have read Section 13 of the rules and the way I understand it is as follows:
If a German unit or stack occupies an allied entry hex, then no allied unit can enter the map in any entry hex in that sector until all blocking positions for that sector have at least six allied factors and the units in at least one of those blocking positions has to dislodge the occupying German units by attacking them and forcing retreat or elimination.

I think the important part is in 13.8 Allied Attacks onto the Map:

Quote:
RESTRICTION: An attack onto the map is only allowed if all German-
occupied Entry Hexes in that sector are blocked (have at least 6
Allied Defense Factors assigned to them). In other words, you can’t
attack onto the map until your flanks are covered.

This seems to me as though you only need 6 allied factors in as many blocking positions as entry hexes are occupied by German units in that sector. So if the Germans have occupied two entry hexes then the Allies need 6 factors in the two blocking positions corresponding to those entry hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks very much. Makes more sense than my interpretation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel has it right. Reinforcements can still enter the map at that section as long as the occupied entry hexes are blocked by American units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
radsailor wrote:

It's harsh, but not that harsh. As Daniel points out, from his quote of the rules, once each German-occupied entry hex in a sector has been blocked by having 6 Allied combat factors in the entry box, Allied units are free to enter the map at any other entry hex in that sector (or, of course, if they wish, to fight their way onto the map by attacking the German units in the entry hex).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.