8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
To any experts out there who have a good grasp of the WOTR rules.
I have some queries that needed to sort out.
1) Event Cards - Is it a must draw if the player already have his max number of cards (ie 6 cards for 2 player)? Which means he have to discard by choosing the best options available and retain the maximum allowable number of cards?
You must draw two cards.
2) Event Card Elven Cloak - What does it do anyway, can someone describe in detail how it works?
There is a blue hunt tile with a 0 on it. If you play this card as an event that tile will go into the hunt tile pool when the Fellowship is in Mordor, meaning it is possible that they will be able to take a step with no corruption if that tile happens to get drawn.
3) Retreating an Army - Upon attacked by enemy troops, is it right that the defenders can retreat his troops to a free region or stronghold without any engagements?
See the reply below
4) Healing at Free nation city - If the fellowship last known location is at a free nation city but have already progressed on the movement chart (in this case, it means that the fellowship have moved), does it still heals at every turn till the moment it is revealed (forced to declare at another position) or it declare itself at another region? Please advise.
You need to declare the Fellowship's position in a free city to heal. When you declare you reset the progress on the movement track to zero. Therefore, you may heal multiple turns, but the Fellowship will not move while you do so.
5) Hunt Tile - When declaring and entering Mordor track, is it right that all standard tiles that have been drawn previously will need to be placed back together with the Special tiles? It wrote that those with "eyes" need not be recycled into the Hunt Tiles bag.
First, the special tiles never go into the hunt tile pool until the Fellowship is in Mordor. Second, all the eye tiles that had been drawn are returned to the hunt pool, along with any special tiles in play and undrawn standard tiles, to create the new hunt pool.
6) Character battle bonus - How does character like Aragorn and Boromir help in their army battle? It state that it can contribute +1 up to 5, does it means that it adds +1 to all dice up to 5? Please advise how the characters bonus actually works!
It means that, unlike regular leaders, they contribute +1 die for you to roll in addition to any leader rerolls they offer. Up to 5 is in reference to the fact that you can never roll more than 5 dice for a battle, regardless of how many units and/or characters you have available.
7) Multiple players - is it right that the leading player status must be pass on every turn? Which means each player will get to be the leading player for one turn, pass it on to the other player on the next turn and regain the status on the following. Please advise.
You have this right.
8) Successfuly Hunt - In a hunt, let say Shadow roll 3 hunt dice and out of it, there are 2 "6" which indicate successful hunt, does it still mean that the Shadow draw only ONE hunt tile since overall it is still regarded as ONE hunt (to one movement of the fellowship)? And that this hunt is only conducted if the Fellowship move. Please confirm.
All correct. During the hunt the number of successes (in your example, two) is only a factor if an Eye is drawn, in which case it represents the corruption dealt.