Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
If you're undecided about which guild to go with you can review to potential cards

http://mythicspoiler.com/azoriusguildpack.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
mbmbmbmb
Is there any truth to this? Looks like they just listed all cards from the relevant colours.

While this is in no way anything other than my own speculation, I'd imagine that the guildpacks would contain only cards from the watermarked subset for each guild.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
JockiB wrote:
Is there any truth to this? Looks like they just listed all cards from the relevant colours.

While this is in no way anything other than my own speculation, I'd imagine that the guildpacks would contain only cards from the watermarked subset for each guild.

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to Magic, but from my understanding this is correct. There's an ongoing discussion on Reddit about this and it is accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That site is basically just telling us "this are the POSSIBLE cards you could see in your pack." It's 1 rare (could even be your guild leader Mythic), 3 Uncommons, 10 commons, plus your prerelease card.

They confirmed yesterday that you could get "non-watermarked" cards from the set in your guild pack too, but in the colors your guild represents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
They confirmed yesterday that you could get "non-watermarked" cards from the set in your guild pack too, but in the colors your guild represents.

Ok, I missed that comfirmation. Hmm, a bit disappointed by that, I'd preferred only the watermarked cards, for some reason. Oh well, it's no big deal for me, and if all cards are possible then there's more diverse deck at the pre-release. So it's probably for the best that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JockiB wrote:
stagger lee wrote:

Ok, I missed that comfirmation. Hmm, a bit disappointed by that, I'd preferred only the watermarked cards, for some reason. Oh well, it's no big deal for me, and if all cards are possible then there's more diverse deck at the pre-release. So it probably for the best that way.

I agree... I was excited at the possibility of getting one of each guild common and a nice sellection of rares from my guild (Azorius)... but after that suddenly my pool got a whole lot poorer.

We're going to see an article on monday about how these Guild packs will be laid out, as since they had the ability to only allow one possible mythic in these things, that maybe they did the same with the other rarities as well to keep them a bit more "exciting." I certainly wouldn't be thrilled with opening my guild pack and seeing a Search the City or Sphinx of the Chimes (which are pretty hard to get to function in Sealed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.