Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy to announce a new scenario but this time, from another author other than myself. Boersma8 has created an epic Fury of the Bear scenario called Stalingrad Factory Fortress. You can find it at www.brummbar44.com.

I haven't even had a chance to play any of the Fury expansion, but this one looks like it will be on my must play list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi please correct the spelling on the link...good thing chrome redirected me to your site!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
freddieyu wrote:
hi please correct the spelling on the link...good thing chrome redirected me to your site!

D'oh! thanks, a little too hasty on the keyboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A few clarifications and a correction:

The true title of the scenario is Stalingrad- Factory Fortresses (so plural).

The obstacles, trenches and entrenchments on the map are just an example. The Russian player is allowed to place them in any legal hex at set-up as specified in the scenario special rules.

Finally, the Russian infantry that comes with the FoTB expansion will in all likelihood not suffice for this scenario (reinforcements). Hence either a second copy of FoTB is required or British or American figures will have to substitute the Russian ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Important errata and clarification:

In the scenario details it says that Russian reinforcements enter on the Soviet baseline. This is not entirely true. In fact they must enter either on the "1" Russian command point marker or directly adjacent to it on the Soviet baseline (so in the building or balka hex). Should such a hex be occupied by (a) German unit(s), then Soviet reinforcements may not enter there. Should it be German-controlled but unoccupied, then Soviet reinforcements MAY enter there.

As for the panzergrenadier and second-rate troop specilization tokens; these have not actually been released and therefore do not exist. They are specific to this scenario. Personally I've used the bronze and silver star tokens that come with the Normandy expansion for the second-rate troops and panzergrenadiers respectively. Obviously any other form of distinguishing these troops from regular and/or other specialized troops will do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GreenBear wrote:
I'm happy to announce a new scenario but this time, from another author other than myself. Boersma8 has created an epic Fury of the Bear scenario called Stalingrad Factory Fortress. You can find it at www.brummbar44.com.

I haven't even had a chance to play any of the Fury expansion, but this one looks like it will be on my must play list.

It should certainly be more balanced than most of the TOI scenarios that come with FoTB, or in general fro that matter. All the times that I, as well as others, have playtested it, the VP difference was within 5 points.

When you do get to play it, I hope to hear from you what you thought of it and how it went!

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hss Hss
Norway
flag msg tools
Have read the scenario, and lots of general nice ideas and thoughts behind it. Entrenched buildings, AT guns can be placed inside entrenched buildings, and 2nd rate troops is a nice one.

Due to all the special rules this one needs slightly more dedication to play. But I still have a few questions:

The only reason you need to copies is for the extra officers? If I use British or US instead, will I manage with only one?

All clear hexes are rubble and cost two in movements. How about roads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Grand Stone wrote:
Have read the scenario, and lots of general nice ideas and thoughts behind it. Entrenched buildings, AT guns can be placed inside entrenched buildings, and 2nd rate troops is a nice one.

Due to all the special rules this one needs slightly more dedication to play. But I still have a few questions:

The only reason you need to copies is for the extra officers? If I use British or US instead, will I manage with only one?

All clear hexes are rubble and cost two in movements. How about roads?

Roads in clear terrain also count as clear terrain. Consider rubble, roadblocks, debris etc. to be (partially) blocking the streets and thereby hampering movement.Please note that squad movement remains unchanged; only vehicles pay two movement points in rubble hexes.

You're right that it needs some more dedication to play. In my scenarios I like adding some special rules that both make a scenario feel more like the actual battle it portrays and that not only the title tells you that it's Stalingrad, if you know what I mean and at the same time adds some new elements to game play (second rate troops, panzergrenadiers, rubble, fortified buildings etc. in this particular case),

As for your question on whether only the officers will suffice: that depends a lot on how many Russian reinforcements you buy and/or roll.If you don't have access to a second copy, I suggest you simply use British or American regulars, elites etc. as well. It certainly doesn't look as nice, but gameplay remains the same.

You will also be needing some extra balka hexes, although you could use memoir 44 tiles or other proxies instead. I also used the map with the large building on it twice: one from the base game and one from map expansion 1. However, you should be able to replicate that one using an empty map (e.g 6A) and placing building tiles on it, if you need to.

Please let me know how it went if you decide to give it a go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hss Hss
Norway
flag msg tools
The fig. I can live with, but the boards are more difficult.

However a Stalingrad expansion based on your rules and ideas would definitively be welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Grand Stone wrote:
The fig. I can live with, but the boards are more difficult.

However a Stalingrad expansion based on your rules and ideas would definitively be welcome.

No one in your play group owns map expansion 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clive holland
Thailand
wang nam khieo
nakhon ratchasima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
William, the nearest player I know is a four hour bus drive away from me. He would have to carry these boards, walking for around 10 minutes, catching a bus for another 10 minutes, getting on the long distance bus for 4 hours and then get a motorbike taxi for 15 minutes.

Not all players have as much luck as your group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hss Hss
Norway
flag msg tools
A friend of mine has the base game. I have all expansions except for the map expansion 1.

But in general, I try my best to have different games compared to my friend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dutchy124 wrote:
William, the nearest player I know is a four hour bus drive away from me. He would have to carry these boards, walking for around 10 minutes, catching a bus for another 10 minutes, getting on the long distance bus for 4 hours and then get a motorbike taxi for 15 minutes.

Not all players have as much luck as your group.

I see what you mean.

Well, then there's no alternative but to buy the map pack ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Grand Stone wrote:
A friend of mine has the base game. I have all expansions except for the map expansion 1.

But in general, I try my best to have different games compared to my friend :D

Since roads have no effect in this scenario (at least in clear hexes), you might be able to recreate the missing map by placing building (and ruins) hextiles on a(n) (almost) "clear" map.I haven't tried that, but it should get you pretty far.

Sooner or later more scenarios should become availble made by me which require multiple expansions, so if one does decide the buy e.g. the map pack expansion, it wouldn't be for this particular scenario only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hss Hss
Norway
flag msg tools
The reason I haven't bought the map expansion pack is that no scenarios use them.

However you making scenarios with them is a big reason to buy it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clive holland
Thailand
wang nam khieo
nakhon ratchasima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Willem, if you make a scenario that uses all 16 Panthers I will buy the map boards. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dutchy124 wrote:
Willem, if you make a scenario that uses all 16 Panthers I will buy the map boards. :)

Don't challenge me! :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clive holland
Thailand
wang nam khieo
nakhon ratchasima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And there's me thinking you would be up for a challenge, LOL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dutchy124 wrote:
And there's me thinking you would be up for a challenge, LOL.

Absolutely. I'm currently working on another Stalingrad scenario and after that I'll start working on an operation Winterstorm scenario (the relief attempt of Stalingrad by Von Manstein). In that scenario the Germans forces will be largely composed of armored units. However, since Panthers weren't yet operational by Late 1942, I won't be using those 9sorry), contrary to some offcial scenarios that do use Panthers in 1942. However, the German forces will contain one or two Tigers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
here's the link to the related link over at the FFG forums. Among other things, it contains an elaborate battle report which is sure worth the read!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.